Team 9 Update
April 3, 2020
Having Technology Issues?? Call 785-717-4357 to reach the Help Desk! (717-HELP)
Spanish Translation Phone Line 785-717-4428
Haga clic aquí para ver las instrucciones en video para la traducción en Schoology
Traducción de Schoology, segunda parte/ Schoology Translation Part Two
Traducción de Schoology, segunda parte
Instrucciones para traducir TODAS las páginas/documentos/recursos de Schoology
1. Abra Chrome en su computadora.
2. En la esquina superior derecha, haga clic en los tres puntos verticales al lado del icono de persona.
3. En el menú desplegable, seleccione SETTINGS (AJUSTES).
4. Desplácese hasta la parte inferior de la página y haga clic en Advanced (Avanzado).
5. En el cuadro de Language (idioma), haga clic en la flecha desplegable (a la derecha) y haga clic en ADD LANGUAGES (AGREGAR IDIOMAS) que está en negrita.
6. Seleccione de la lista de idiomas y agregue (add).
7. Una vez que aparezca el idioma, haga clic en los tres puntos verticales a la derecha. Aparecerá un mensaje en un cuadro. Seleccione DISPLAY GOOGLE CHROME IN THIS LANGUAGE (seleccionar Google Chrome en este idioma).
8. Aparecerá un cuadro de RELAUNCH (REINICIAR). Haga clic en eso.
9. Luego, todo lo que se abra en Chrome estará en español, incluido Schoology.
Schoology Translation Part Two
Instructions for Translating ALL Schoology pages/documents/resources
1. Open Chrome on your computer.
2. At the top right corner, click the three vertical dots next to the person icon.
3. From the drop down menu, select SETTINGS.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
5. In the language box, click the drop arrow (to the right) and click on ADD LANGUAGES which is in bold type.
6. Select from the list of languages and add.
7. Once the language appears, click on the three vertical dots to the right. You will get a message box. Select DISPLAY GOOGLE CHROME IN THE LANGAUGE.
8. A RELAUNCH box will appear. Click on that.
9. Then anything opened in Chrome will be in Spanish, including Schoology.
Continuous Learning Schedule
- Live Meetings for 2nd, 3rd, 4th hours
Tuesday, April 7th
- Live Meetings for 5th, 6th, 7th hours
Wednesday, April 8th
- Live Meetings for 2nd, 3rd, 4th hours
Thursday, April 9th
- Live Meetings for 5th, 6th, 7th hours
Friday, April 10th
- No School
MEAL SERVICE UPDATE
The following locations are available for grab and go lunches for children beginning March 30th (please note that Westwood Elementary has been added):
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Monday - Friday
Early Childhood Center – 1803 Elmdale Ave
H.D. Karns Building – 300 W 9th (Parking lot in back)
Grandview Elementary – 109 E Grandview (Grandview Plaza)
Milford Elementary – 402 12th St (Milford)
Seitz Elementary – 27500 Rifle Range Rd (Fort Riley)
Sheridan Elementary – 429 W Ash
Spring Valley Elementary – 1601 Hickory Ln
Washington Elementary – 1500 N Washington
Westwood Elementary – 1600 N Eisenhower
Meals are free for ALL children age 1-18. Children receive a lunch and a breakfast for the next day. Children must be present to receive the meals.
United Way of JC-GC also provides family meal kits which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Team 9 Core Classes
Hi Team 9!
I'm so excited for online classes to begin on Monday the 6th! Your teachers have been really busy making sure that everything is in place for the first day. We have truly missed you all, and it will be awesome to interact again.
Please take note of the live meeting schedule for your classes. These live meetings will be a great time to hear firsthand about the procedures for each class and to ask your teachers questions. You will also get to see and interact with your classmates! For Language Arts, I have posted the links to our live meetings in your Language Arts Schoology course. Make sure you are clicking on the correct class period link to join your meeting.
We will be completing our last unit of the year (Unit 4) through Schoology. You will see in your Language Arts Schoology that there is a purple Unit 4 folder. Unit 4 will revolve around the novel The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. Lesson #1 is already posted inside of this folder! This first lesson is an introduction to the Holocaust--we must understand this time period in history before we can begin reading the book.
I have also posted a new video message in Schoology. In the video, I explain that we unfortunately don't have time to read the whole novel for this unit. I have picked out 10 important entries from the diary that we will begin reading. I also point out in the video message that you do not need a copy of The Diary of a Young Girl. I will be posting the assigned readings in Schoology.
Please message me through Schoology or send me an e-mail at LindsayMurphy@usd475.org if you need ANYTHING at all. Just because we aren't meeting in person doesn't mean we can't communicate every day! I am here for you.
Stay safe & healthy, Team 9!
Hello, Students & Families!
Our first lessons will be posted on Schoology by 3pm on Friday the 3rd. Please let me know if you are having issues accessing any of the materials. Check out the video below for a walk through on how to access the course, and what the expectations are.
Mon-Thur 8am-10am and 1pm to 3pm
Friday 8am-11am and 1pm to 3pm
US History - Trenary
Team 9 Family!
WELCOME BACK VIDEO
I have been feeling many of the same feelings you have felt over these past few weeks:
worry, sadness, confusion, and of course, hope.
I genuinely miss all of you and wish we could be back to normal, but we will try to find a new normal together.
We are living through History right now. It is more than a little bit scary, things are very different, and everything is changing so quickly that it is hard to know what will come next. It is so important to be there for your family and to be kind and loving to them. Just like all of the families on this team, as a parent I have my 3 sons home with me and we are trying to make the best of it.
As we start a new routine with online learning, we will take it slow and the first week we will start a new project that I want to be meaningful and personal and that is taking time to write and journal about the history that we are now a part of. We know the thoughts, feelings, and daily lives of so many throughout the past because they chose to write it down and record what was going on, particularly in difficult times.
Just like many people in the past, we don't always get to choose or control events that we are put in to, but we can rise to the challenge. I am here to help and support you as we try to figure out this new chapter in history.
I will see you online soon!
Keep checking your emails frequently for information. I'm excited to get started this next week! Here is the link to this week's agenda for science! We will be learning about and comparing sexual and asexual reproduction.
Again, if students are looking for something else to do, they can always write me a letter and send it via snail mail! I PROMISE to reply to every letter I receive! The address to send it to would be:
3204 Claflin Rd,
Manhattan, KS 66503
I miss each and every one of your smiling faces, I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Hey Team 9!
Keep checking your emails if you have me as a teacher, I will be sending out information to my CAT Time and Math Classes about starting online learning on April 6th!
- Remember, CAT Time Virtual Meeting on Tuesday at 1:30 pm.
- My 2nd and 3rd hour Math Classes meet on Thursday.
- Check your Schoology page for updates on times and links.
Please stay safe and turn your minds on to learn so we can start fresh on Monday. I can't wait to see all of your smiling faces again!
- Skyward- access grades, attendance, schedules, meal balance and more.
- Schoology- communicate with teachers and access classwork/homework.
- Team 9 Updates- Here you will find an archive of Team 9 updates. Be sure to check out the most recent one for the most up to date information.
- JCMS- Our school website.
- Junction City Middle School Facebook Page
- Junction City Middle School Parent Support Team Facebook Page
- JCMS Student Handbook