Tuesday, April 9, 2019
New Student Enrollment . . .
New student registration for 2019-20 KG – 5th graders opens on May 1, 2019.
The registration forms for the 2019-20 school year will become available on April 22, 2019. (If you complete the forms prior to this date, you will be asked to redo this process.)
Once you have completed the online registration form and gathered the required documents, please contact the campus to finalize the registration process for the 2019-20 school year.
If you have an incoming student, please register them as soon as possible. Likewise, if you know of neighbors with an incoming kindergartener or if new neighbors move in near you, please help us share this information. It is key that we know how many students we have coming in so we can have the right allocations of staff!
April Learning Commons Newsletter . . .
Next week is National Library Week. Below is a link to the ALA site detailing information about National Library Week and National Library Worker’s day (April 9). Help us celebrate Mrs. Stallbaumer and Mrs. Howard!
Some Library Trivia:
- There are more libraries than Starbucks shops in the United States
- During the Great Depression not a single library in the country closed its doors to patrons.
- 94% of the libraries in the country offer 24/7 access to digital eBooks, while 100% of MISD libraries offer the same.
- In 1966 A high-ranking FBI agent filed a sensitive internal manual detailing the bureau’s secret interrogation procedures with the Library of Congress, where anyone with a library card can read it.
- The Guinness Book of World Records actually holds the record for the most stolen book from public libraries.
- A 124,500 square foot abandoned Walmart in McAllen, Texas, has been turned into the largest single-floor public library in the United States.
- There are more than 30,000 registered Little Free Libraries around the world.
- Some famous librarians throughout history include Jacob Grimm, Beverly Cleary, Golda Meir, Laura Bush, Marcel Proust, Melvil Dewey, Lewis Carroll and Cynthia Rylant.
From Mrs. Parks, School Counselor . . .
April – Manners – Your outward way of behaving towards others.
April 1 - Do not save seats or exclude others.
April 8 – Be positive and enjoy life.
April 15 - Introduce yourself to others.
April 22 - Do not use hands for hitting.
April 29 – Be sure to help at the door when needed.
April 1 - Make a card for your librarians.
April 8 – Write Officer Mo a note for new baby boy, Hayden
April 15 - Learn about a tradition from another country.
April 22 - Draw a picture for your art teacher.
April 29 – Write the Mayor of McKinney a note.
**Thank you Second Grade for providing the Weekly Challenge**
April 9 – Closed Campus - 4th STAAR Writing, 5th STAAR Math
April 10 – Closed Campus - 5th STAAR Reading, 1st grade field trip
April 11 – Closed Campus, STAAR Make-Ups, #LoveMySchoolDay on Twitter
April 12 – open campus to visitors and volunteers, STUCO Meeting 3-3:45
April 15 – MAP opens, 3rd grade Economics Fair, Tech Crew Applications due
April 16 – Discovery Day, 3rd grade field trip
April 17 – PTO Cherry Berry 3-9
April 17-24 – STUCO “Coins for Cancer”
April 18 – Special Olympics Track & Field 9:30-2:30
April 19 – Bad Weather Day – No School
April 23 – PTO sponsored “Pajama Day” for our Glow Run Reward, PTO Dessert Diner/PTO General Meeting/PTO Camp Bennett 6:30-8:00
April 24 – Progress Reports
26 – Friday Live 2:15
April 29-May 3 – PTO sponsored Teacher Appreciation Week
29 – Creed Lunch 11:00, 5th Grade Choral Celebration at 7:00PM at Boyd
30 – PTO May Newsletter goes home
April Staff Birthdays!!!
April 15 – Ron Khreish
April 24 – Abby Stapp
April 25 – Heather Rohrbacher
April 27 – Karen Scheidhauer
April 28 – Kristi Woods