For the Week of Dec 12, 2022
Working together; succeeding together.
We acknowledge the harm of colonialism and the residential school system and commit to working together toward reconciliation and forging a better path forward.
If the student is in the hyperaroused state...
- dim the lights
- take some deep breaths
- engage in routine activities or monotonous chores (do the dishes).
- chew gum
- do some preplanned work
- listen to calming music
- use lavender scents
If the student is in the hypoaroused state...
- listen to loud/fast music
- get up and move (dance, jump, jog)
- use citrus or peppermint scents
- drink coffe
- laugh (watch a funny movie)
- increase breathing rate
- stretch your spine
- each crunchy food
- tap (on your legs, face, chest)
When using any strategy, it is important that the student (or adult) recognize their state of calm and regulation.
If the student is in the window of tolerance (regulated)...
- aware of self, others and time
- rationale and reasonable
- curious and open to challenges
- able to show empathy
Seen Around PPCS
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
Health Science is Sweet ... sort of.
Hot Lunch Punch Cards
Please allow 2 school days to process punch card purchases.
8:55 - class bell rings.
9:00 - Oh Canada and morning announcements.
12:10 - lunch bell rings - grades K-3 eat and go outside at 12:30, grades 4-6 go outside and eat at 12:30
12:50 - lunch warning bell rings - students come inside
12:55 - class bell rings
3:05 - high school dismissal bell rings
3:25 - elementary dismissal bell rings
Next Staff vs. Student is Jan 27
Dec 12 - PJ Day and Hot Chocolate (at lunch) Please bring you own cup if you can.
Dec 13 - Christmas Pageant
Dec 14 - New 2U Christmas Shopping (grades 1-5)
Dec 15 - New 2U Christmas Shopping (K)
Dec 20 - High School Bonspiel and Skating
Dec 21 - Skating Day
Dec 22 - Christmas Dinner / Last Day of Classes
Athletes and Voluteer of the Month
Volunteer of the Month - Mrs. Steiestol
Mrs. Steiestol brings a positive vibe and an eagerness to help out with several of our Athletic events at the school. If she cannot be there in person she does a great deal of behind-the-scenes work before events. She specializes in hunting down and organizing the canteen grub. She takes an interest and can be found regularly asking coaches and students young or old about the results of their hockey or volleyball game the evening prior. Thank you Mrs. Steiestol for all that you do for Bears Athletics and PPCS.
Athletes of the Month
If the Sr Boy Bears are a topic of discussion then J.B will be the first player other teams are talking about. Many teams have tried but few have been successful to change his game which is quite simple but effective. Work harder, smarter, and faster than the opponent. He defines leading by example and is very humble in his efforts by putting others before himself. J.B looks after the team captain duties such as jersey laundry, room, and van checks. If you have not seen him play, get here and get your popcorn.
If teams can weather the scoring of J.B they cannot escape the defensive lockdown of Ferdinand. He is a nightmare come true for the opposition’s top player often taking that player out of any meaningful contribution. It is questionable if we have ever had a player work as hard as him as his hustle and drive are unmatched on the floor. About 71% of the Earth is covered by water the other 29% is covered by Ferdinand.
Senior Boys Bball
Dec 12 @5:00 vs. Carrot RiverJunior Girls Bball
Dec 14 @5:00 vs. Melfort 1
Junior Boys Bball
Dec 15 @5:00 vs. Nisto
** Games may start earlier if teams arrive, our goal is to get them home as early as possible.