Marseilles Elementary Newsletter
August 24, 2021
- Tuesday, August 24th - Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Friday, August 27th- Preschool Back to School Family Day
- Monday, August 30th- First Day of Preschool
- Tuesday, August 31st - Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Friday, September 3rd- Early Dismissal @ 11:30am for School Improvement
- Monday, September 6th- No School- Labor Day
- Wednesday, September 15th- Curriculum Night (Virtual- PAWS/PAWS2, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- Thursday, September 16th- Curriculum Night (Virtual- Kdg., 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, Specialists)
- Thursday, September 16th- Picture Day
Arrival, Dismissal & Breakfast!
As a reminder, students will need to indicate that they want breakfast each day for the following day. Breakfast will be sent home with them for the following day and will be eaten prior to arrival of school. Don't forget, meals are free for ALL students. An extra entrée can be purchased in the lunchroom.
At the end of the day, we will use the following plan for dismissal:
- Walkers and car riders will be dismissed at 2:55pm from the Panther door (door at the east side of the building).
- 1st bus students will be dismissed at 3:00pm
- 2nd bus students will be taken to the MPR until it is time for them to be dismissed.
We are looking forward to having our students in person for a full day of school this year. In order to keep our students and staff safe, we plan to align our protocols and procedures with the most recent guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, who developed their guidance with the CDC and IDPH.
If your child or anyone in the home is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please keep your child (and any siblings) home until you speak with our nurse. If any student(s) are in quarantine and would still like lunches and breakfasts, please email Terrie Spicer by 9:30am at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the attendance line to report the absence at 815-795-8795.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher),
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
Use of Cell Phones
Curriculum Night is Coming September 15 & 16!
What Will This Year Look Like?
As you may have heard, Governor Pritzker implemented a mask mandate for all person in K-12 schools regardless of vaccination status. We are going to try to make the school year feel as normal as possible, even though we are wearing masks. Here's what you can expect.
- Parents will use symptom checklist to monitor symptoms of child(ren). Please do not send your child if symptoms are present and keep any siblings home until you have spoken with the school nurse.
- Breakfast will be sent home from school the day before to be eaten at home.
- Panther Door and Bus door will open at 8:10am with supervision for walkers and parent drop off. Any students who ride a bus must wear masks at all time.
- We will have masks available, but encourage you to have a clean mask for your child daily.
- Students should be in the building by 8:25am. If you arrive after 8:25, please walk your child to the front door to sign him/her in.
- Masks are required at all times inside the school building.
- There will be additional cleaning and disinfecting for high touch surfaces.
- Regular hand washing/sanitizing of hands will be encouraged. Additional sanitizing stations are in place throughout the building.
- Desks and tables will be moved to create as much space in between others as possible.
- Students will eat in the cafeteria and/or MPR in assigned seats spaced 3ft apart. They will be required to sit in the assigned seat in the event of contact tracing. We may have students eating outside weather permitting.
- There will only be one lunch choice for students this year.
- There will not be PE lockers or anyone changing into uniforms for PE. PE will be outside when possible.
- An isolation room will be available to any student or staff experiencing symptoms allowing the nurses office to remain available for well care and administering student medication.
- Visitors will be able to enter the building and will be required to comply with guidelines in place, including: face mask, self-symptom checks and social distancing.
- Staggering dismissal between bus riders and walkers. Students on second bus route will go to the MPR and be socially distanced.
- Sports will follow IESA guidelines.
- Rooms will be disinfected each night.
- Building/room rentals will be allowed with cleaning procedures to follow.
*This plan is subject to change with new information, transmission rates and/or guidelines released by the IDPH, ISBE, and the Governor's Office.*
More information can be found on the MES website at www.mes150.org under Resources, Parents, Transition Plan 21-22.
Show Your School Spirit with a Debit Card from OSB!
If you are calling in your child(ren) for the day, please call our attendance line at 815-795-8795 telling who the child is and why he/she will be out of school.
Questions can be directed to the main office at 815-795-2428 or sent to the staff member directly via email. Email addresses can be found on the district website.
Please make sure you visit the MES website (https://mes150.org) for the most up-to-date information. Newsletters will be sent to you through TeacherEase as well as posted on the website. If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, check it out- Marseilles Elementary School District #150. Information is shared here as well as communicated through Class Dojo.
As a building, please know, we want what is best for your child(ren) and every other child. We will do our best to meet the needs of your students and look forward to a great year together! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.