Pine Hollow Middle School
Pine Hollow News: February 9, 2021
As you all know, Pine Hollow teachers have been doing an incredible job this year helping students learn, engage, and improve in the most difficult of circumstances. They have adapted their teaching techniques on the fly, created new lessons weekly, and supported students and families through thick and thin. They are working longer hours and more nights and weekends than ever before, and are truly putting forth every ounce of effort to support your kids.
To give you a glimpse into some of the great work they've done this year, we've compiled a few creative lessons and activities they've worked on with your kids this year. Please check out this Classroom Highlights slide deck below, and if you can find a moment to email them, they would love to hear some positive feedback from you! Thank you and have a great rest of your week.
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
Honor Roll Stickers and Raffle
Tomorrow teachers will play the following videos to show who won the grade level raffles for Honor Roll students. Winners of the Honor Roll raffles will be receiving a gift card courtesy of the PTSA!
Super Bowl Student Challenge
Bingo Night for Students, Parents, Family and Friends
PBIS Donations Needed
To learn about our PBIS program and the key dates for ordering and picking-up items, please go here.
Preparing Pine Hollow for Reopening
Symptom Monitoring and Screening
- The specific guidelines have been and are determined by the CA Department of Health, the CCC Department of Health, the CCC Office of Education, the MDUSD School Board and Superintendent Clark.
- All persons who enter the campus must check-in at the Main Office window.
- Currently onsite persons (staff and visitors) sign-in daily and perform a health assessment.
- Thermometers are available as needed.
- The MDUSD Maintenance and Operations Department, in conjunction with our custodial staff, have set up schedules for hourly and daily cleaning and disinfecting.
- We have hand sanitizers installed and filled in each classroom space and common areas on campus. Classrooms and learning spaces with sinks have soap and paper towels available.
- Drinking fountains will not be available or will be turned off once school resumes.
- All HVAC systems are equipped with a Merv-13 filtration system.
- Plans are in place for marking walkways, hallways, aisleways, entrances and exits, and will be painted soon by district staff.
- There are temporary signs posted throughout the campus reminding persons to adhere to the 6 foot distancing protocols.
- All classrooms have been set-up to contain students with 6 foot distancing protocols.
- Each classroom is getting a plexiglass barrier for teachers.
- Temporary signs are posted for 6 foot distancing, required face coverings, and washing hands, and how to prevent the spread of germs.
- Additional signs will be mounted throughout the campus.