The Eagles Beak
"Auburn Pride Starts Inside"
September 16, 2016
Thank You Families
Our 5th grade safety crew have been doing a wonderful job working to keep dismissal safe. I am grateful for their leadership. Thank you to Mr. Kilbourn who works diligently to organize and lead our safeties.
Our PTO will be meeting this coming Thursday 9/22 in the Media Center at Auburn. This is a another great way to get involved at school. We have many exciting events right around the corner, come join the fun!
Our Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on October 27 and November 3 from 4:30-8:00. Please check out our school webpage to sign up for a conference with your child's teacher. If you are unable to access the links, please contact our school office directly. Our goal is see 100% of our families - we need your support to help us meet that goal!
Have a wonderful weekend - take time to read a new book, write about something important to you, draw a diagram of how something works, or investigate something that you have a question about. Stay Safe! Stay Curious! See you Monday!
Important School Dates
- Sharing Closet -- open September 20 from 4-7pm
- Girl Scout Parent Meeting -- September 20 at 6:30pm
- PTO Meeting -- September 22 at 6:30pm
- School Picture Day -- September 29
- Chuck E. Cheese Night -- September 30 from 3-9pm
- Avondale Homecoming Parade -- October 14
- Auburn Movie Night -- October 21
- Parent Teacher Conferences -- Oct 27 & Nov 3
- NO SCHOOL - Election Day - November 8
ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT
A student is considered chronically absent if they miss two days of school per month (18 days in a year). Did you know that missing just 10% (2 days/month) of school days in elementary school can lead to future struggles with school?
Sporadic absences , not just consecutive
absences matter. One or two days a month can add up before you know it!
- Students who are chronically absent, or tardy in Kindergarten and 1st grade are less likely to read proficiently by 3rd grade.
- Families play an enormous role! Parents set expectations that school attendance and punctuality is important.
- Chronic absenteeism affects elementary students too! 1 in 10 kindergarten and 1st grade students has chronic absences.
- If circumstances make it difficult for your child to attend school, resources are available online at: http://absencesaddup.org/importance-of-school-attendance/
ATTENDING SCHOOL EVERY DAY INCREASES A CHILD'S CHANCES OF
SUCCESS IN SCHOOL AND IN LIFE
Follow Us on Twitter
Lunch assistance forms need to be resubmitted each year by September 30th in order to renew assistance for the 2016-17 school year. Avoid lunch account challenges by getting new paperwork completed as soon as possible. Please let us know if you need assistance or have any questions.