York County 4-H Blast
July 27, 2017
4-H Clothing Exhibit Judging is Friday, July 28!
Entry Times for 4-H Exhibits:
- Clothing, Quilt and Fashion Show Judging, Cornerstone Building – Friday, July 28
- Home Environment; Heritage/Citizenship; Photography; Child Development; Consumer Management; Safety; Personal Development Exhibit Entry; Home Ec Building – 8-10 AM on Tuesday, August 1
- Dog Show, Cornerstone Building – Tuesday, August 1 at 4:00 PM
- Clover Kid Exhibit Entry & Judging, Home Ec Building – 6-8 PM on Tuesday, Aug 1
- 4-H & FFA Environmental Education; Outdoor Safety; Agronomy; Plant Science; Science, Engineering & Technology (SET) Judging, Ag Hall – Wednesday, August 2
Interview Judging (Optional) - 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- 4-H Foods Exhibit Entry, Home Ec Building – 8-10 AM on Wednesday, August 2
- Companion Animal Show, Cornerstone Building – Wednesday, August 2 at 2 PM
- Sheep and Goat Check-In – 4-6 PM on Wednesday, August 2.
- Rabbit and Poultry – 6-9 PM on Wednesday, August 2.
- Swine – Must arrive by 9:00 PM on Wednesday, August 2
Check in 8:00 to 10:00 AM on Thursday, August 3
- Dairy, Dairy Goat & Bucket Calves – Must arrive by 9:00 PM on Wed, August 2
Check in 9:00 to 10:00 AM on Thursday, August 3
- Market & Breeding Beef – Must arrive by 9:00 PM on Wednesday, August 2
Check in 1-3 PM on Thursday, August 3
All Animals in place by 9:00 PM on Wednesday, August 2
Entry Tags Available
4-H Family Meal
Wednesday, Aug. 2nd, 6-8pm
4-H Building on the Fairgrounds
The Cornerstone Building Concession Stand will be open during the Dog & Livestock Shows
NEW THIS YEAR!
AKSARBEN Entry Process
Discount State Fair Tickets
FYI, outside gate admission will be $12.00, with $5.00 days on Monday, August 28 and Wednesday, August 30. Tuesday, August 29 will be $2.00 gate admission and Thursday, August 31 will be $3.00 gate admission Children 6 to 12 will be $3.00 every day and children 5 and under will be free every day.
4-H Clover Chase: A Nebraska 150 Event
Between March 1 - August 15, 2017, Nebraska 4-H will be hosting a photo scavenger hunt for all 4-H members. Using an app, participants will complete challenges and submit photo entries on social media using #NE4HChase. After submitting photos and earning 150 points, participants will be eligible to receive a commemorative water bottle from their local Nebraska Extension Office and will be entered into a drawing to win a drone with video capability. The Nebraska Extension Office with the highest percentage of participation wins a free National Youth Science Day kit!
Complete details about the 4-H Clover Chase can be found at http://4h.unl.edu/clover-chase. Celebrate Nebraska’s Statehood, and Nebraska 4-H, by participating in this fun-filled opportunity with your friends, club, or family!
Extension is a Division of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln cooperating with the Counties and the United States Department of Agriculture.
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension educational programs abide with the nondiscrimination policies of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and the United States Department of Agriculture.