A Valentine Update - February 12th
Mrs. Gardner - GAVS 9th Grade English
The Jan. 28th zero indicator looks like this...
CHECK YOUR GRADES FIRST. IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE ABOVE IMAGE, YOU DO NOT HAVE A 0 FOR AN ASSIGNMENT.
The GAVS late work policy looks like this...
Student Code of Conduct
This applies to students who are taking a course for the first time.
This applies to students who are retaking a course for a second time.
Work should be original EVERY semester.
* If you use ANY other sources, you must cite them. Failure to do so is plagiarism.
* Do not reuse work from a previous class or semester and submit as current work.
* Do not copy and paste from websites without proper MLA citations & works cited page.
If you have not yet read through this entire newsletter, please do so as soon as possible. It contains lots of important information.
This is my welcome session. Please be sure that you listen. Many courses use the same template for the welcome meeting, but I add in items unique to our English class.
9th Grade Practice EOC Tests
Remember that you have a chance for extra credit in each unit. You can follow the directions on the last content page of each unit in order to take the practice EOC test. The test is a required assignment. Follow the directions for submitting the results to the dropbox.
* A student can retake the same test to improve the grade BEFORE submitting to the dropbox.
* A test must be new and unique for each unit - do not submit the same test to multiple dropboxes.
* A longer test may be taken to earn extra credit points, but the results must include the length of the test, and a comment in the dropbox indicating you took a longer test.