PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, February 8, 2016
BASEBALL GAMES POSTPONED!
All games scheduled for TODAY are being re-scheduled for TOMORROW due to weather:
2/9, Tuesday Rockwall vs Varsity 5:00 pm @ PLANO
2/9, Tuesday JV @ Rockwall 5:00 pm @ Rockwall
2/9, Tuesday Clark @ Rockwall 7:00 pm @ Rockwall
VISITING COLLEGES THIS WEEK
TODAY, Feb. 8th Both Lunches/Cafeteria:
Northern Illinois University
Tuesday, Feb. 9th Both Lunches/Cafeteria:
Texas A&M University/Commerce
Wednesday, Feb. 10th Both Lunches/Cafeteria:
Texas Tech University
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Congratulations to Vishal Rajesh, Nikhil Pandeti, and Alexis Rodriguez for winning $500 PTSA scholarships at last week’s PTSA board meeting! Seniors who are PTSA members for both years are eligible to win. These scholarships are possible thanks to our wonderful PTSA members, donors, and sponsors!
- Congratulations to the 2016 PSHS PTSA Life Membership Award winners: Deborah Rhodes, Haley Godding, and PSHS faculty member, Cynthia Zea! They have done so much for our students, our school, and our community. Here is a photo of Principal Watkins, Deborah Rhodes, Cynthia Zea, and PTSA president Jackie Myers. Haley Godding also received the award but is not in this photo.
- If you took a practice exam on 1/30 at PSHS, then plan to attend a Results and Review Session on February 9 from 6:30-8:00 in the cafeteria.
- Mark your calendar for a FAFSA Help Session on February 23! All families (parents and students are welcome) who plan to obtain student loans or apply for financial aid or merit scholarships, regardless of where they are attending school after graduation, will probably need to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid. PTSA is sponsoring this hands-on session, with Financial Aid officers (including Spanish speaking) on site to help parents and/or students with the actual preparation of their FAFSA, or just answer questions. There will be no formal presentation and all questions can be asked privately - this is a come and go, drop in session from 5:30-8:00 in the Building A Computer Labs. There is no cost. Please contact Jasmine Alpaiwalla at email@example.com or Jackie Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this event.
- Take advantage of this Spirit Wear clearance sale before all of the items are gone!
- Show your Wildcat Love! Consider a tax-deductible donation to PTSA to support Teacher Educational Grants, Plano After Dark Prizes, and Senior Lunch Ticket Supplements. February is the perfect month to Give From The Heart!
- Plano Senior PTSA is partnering with Aceable Drivers Ed to provide a discounted rate for their online state approved Drivers Education course. Simply sign up using the discount code PLANOSENIOR to receive a 25% discount! Get started today! www.aceable.com
- Mark your calendars for Plano After Dark on May 1! This annual after-prom event will take place at Dave and Busters in the Stonebriar Mall. Your ticket price includes unlimited buffet and drinks, game card, and great prizes. Tickets will go on sale soon!
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
AVID CARNATIONS & COOKIES VALENTINE’S DAY SALE
AVID will be taking carnations & cookies pre- orders from Monday, Feb. 8th – Wednesday, Feb. 10th in the Cafeteria during both lunches.
Pick-up and Additional Sales:
Thursday & Friday, Feb. 11th & 12th…Cafeteria during both lunches
Price: $2 for 1 carnation
$5 for 3 carnations
$15 for 1 dozen carnations
$1 for 2 cookies
*Heart shaped card comes with all orders
Update from Plano Baseball Booster Club
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Preseason Dinner – February 10, Plano Senior High Cafeteria
- This season’s schedules are posted online at planowildcatsbaseball.com
For more information about Plano Wildcats Baseball
If you loved Legally Blonde then you must be craving Cabaret!
Join the talented PSHS Theatre troupe for an evening of musical entertainment offered in an intimate Parisian cafe setting.
Seating is very limited. Tickets will only be sold at the door.
DRILL TEAM TRYOUTS
Planoette tryout clinics start Feb. 15th in PSHS Cafeteria 4:30-6pm, Feb. 16th 5-6:30pm, Feb. 17th (at Haggard MS) 5-6:30pm
Tryouts Feb. 18th and 19th 5:30pm at Haggard MS
Questions? Email Meredith.email@example.com
PALS FUNDRAISER AT KENDRA SCOTT
You are invited to a Kendra Gives Back Party. It is a fun shopping event with 20% of sales benefiting PSHS PALS. Enjoy sips & sweets while you shop on Monday, Feb. 29th from 5 – 8 pm at Kendra Scott Plano – The Shops of Legacy. Thank you for your support!
QUARTERBACK CLUB SPIRITWEAR SALE
The Plano QB Club has reduced all of our spirit wear to below cost in order to get ready for the new 2016 spirit wear. Sizes & styles are very limited. Go to our website, www.planowildcatqbclub.com to see what is available. Hats & short sleeve t-shirts…$5, long sleeve & sweatpants…$10 and women’s bling…$15.
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS!
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
Operation Beautiful is approaching....T-Shirts will be on sale Monday, Feb. 8th – Wednesday, Feb. 17th in the Cafeteria during both lunches. The shirts are $15.
AP EXAM PAYMENT
AP exam Payment is due in the Counseling Office NO LATER THAN Friday, February 12th (change from the information received at Exam Registration)
If paying by Cash or Check:
1) Print your Confirmation Statement (emailed to you from Total Registration)
2.) bring a copy of the Confirmation Statement with your payment to the Counseling Office
3.) you will receive the payment envelope at that time
- If paying by Credit Card:
1) parent signs on to your PayPams account
2) select “Sr High”
3) choose every exam you will take
4) enter payment (receipt will show details)
Please join us for the 17th Annual MR. PLANO on Saturday, Feb. 13th at 7pm in the PSHS Theatre. Tickets will be on sale starting Monday, Feb. 8th – Friday, Feb. 12th in the Cafeteria during both lunches. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. This event has sold out almost every year, so purchase tickets early!!!
GRADUATION CAP & GOWN ORDERS
If you have not already done so, please visit www.texasgradshop.com to order cap and gown and announcements. You can NO LONGER order the cap and gown at www.Jostens.com. For delivery in late March at PSHS, your order needs to be submitted NO LATER than Tuesday, March 1st. This will also ensure that your size will be available.
2016 PROM THEME: SENIORS…
Vote for your prom theme starting Monday, Feb.8th at 8am – Friday, Feb. 12th at 4:15pm.
You can vote by:
1.) Going to Voting4Schools.com
2.) Under school name type "Plano"
3.) Log in Username: Student ID…Password: Grade & Birthday
The prom theme to Vote between:
Night in Venice
Under the Sea
City Themed (NYC)
Tickets are NOW on sale on-line on Parent Portal https://parentviewer.pisd.edu/ until Friday, March 4th. The cost is $25 each or 2 for $50. Only seniors may purchase tickets. Limit is two per student.
PSHS Prom will be Saturday, April 30th at Southfork Ranch from 8:30pm - 12:30am.
Thursday & Friday, March 17th & 18th from 5pm to complete at PSHS Gym
* MANDATORY Parent/Participant Meeting on Tuesday, March 1st at 6pm in the
Bldg. B Lecture Hall
PRE-TRYOUT CHEER CLINICS:
- Monday, March 14th from 5-7pm in the PSHS Cafeteria
- Tuesday, March 15th from 5-7pm in the PSHS Cafeteria
- Wednesday, March 16th from 5-complete in the PSHS Cafeteria (Mock Tryouts)
Cheer packets will be available in the Front Office (Fishbowl) starting Monday, Feb. 1st and are DUE to the Fishbowl by Friday, March 4th, NO LATER THAN 4:15pm. Late packets will not be accepted unless previous arrangements have been made with the PSHS Cheer Coaches.
* MANDATORY Post-Tryout Parent/Participant Meeting (for those who made the team!) will be held on Tuesday, April 5th at 6pm in the Bldg. B Lecture Hall.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
WHITE GUARD/MASCOT TRYOUTS
Tryouts: Wednesday & Thursday, March 23 and 24 @ Plano Senior High cafeteria
Tryout times: 4:30pm to complete:
Wednesday, March 23rd Interviews 5:00- 7:00pm @ PSHS cafeteria
Thursday, March 24th Tryouts 5:00-7:00pm @ PSHS cafeteria
Packets available: in the PSHS fishbowl Monday, February 1st
*Mandatory pre-tryout parent/participant meeting March 1st at 6pm in the PSHS B Building Lecture Hall
Packets due: Friday, March 18th no later than 4:15pm to the PSHS fishbowl
Late packets will not be accepted unless previous arrangements have been made with the PSHS cheer coaches.
*Mandatory post-tryout parent/participant meeting (for those that made the team!)April 5th at 6pm in the PSHS B Building Lecture Hall
Please contact: Kim.email@example.com with questions.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: