Welcome to the 2021-22 school year. We are so excited for a new school year. I couldn’t be more pleased about the passionate, highly-skilled staff who will be teaching your children. We all look forward to seeing our returning families and meeting the new families to Madison
Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 25th! 😊
Important School Information:
- School Hours:
- 8:17 am: First Bell: Students may enter the building and go directly to their classrooms; Breakfast is available. **Because there is no supervision prior to the first bell, students are not able to be on school grounds before this time.**
- 8:32 am: School begins
- 2:54 pm: Dismissal
- Dismissal Form: It is crucial that we have a dismissal plan for every student so we know how they are expected to get home at the end of the day. Please let the classroom teacher or the office know how your child will be getting home at the end of the day.
- Bus Students: Bus schedules should be sent to you in the mail very soon if your child lives in an area where there is a bus route. You can also check this by entering your address here: http://www.infofinderi.com/ifi/?cid=FPS05818038563
- Breakfast/Lunch: All students will have access to free breakfast and lunch throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
- Dropping off students in the morning: Students may enter the building at 8:17. Please do not drop students off before 8:17am as there is no supervision and all doors are locked until that time. Support staff will be outside at 8:15am and students can start lining up at that time to enter the building at 8:17am.
- First day of school-Arrival: Many families like to bring their child on the first day of school. We will try to follow the normal procedures and enter the building at 8:17am. A reminder that masks are required for all visitors at this time and if you are walking your child in, we ask that you only go to their locker. We will have support staff throughout the building to support students on the first day. Starting the second day, students enter the building on their own so we can teach the routines and procedures and build independence. Students will enter through designated doors.
o Door 3-Kindergarten
o Door 5-Third
o Door 9-Fourth and Fifth
o Door 10-First and Second
Dismissal procedures: Students will have a staggered dismissal at the end of the day. Students will exit the same doors that they enter through in the morning and can meet siblings outside the building.
Traffic flow at drop off: In the morning and afternoon, traffic can become very busy and families often find it frustrating even though it does clear out very quickly. Please know we are working hard to keep students safe during this time and we need all parents to have patience and respect the procedures that are in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
After School Supervision: There is no supervision after school (unless you are registered for MASH). All students must be picked up no later than 3:00pm. There is also no supervision on the playgrounds after school, so all students who walk should go directly home at the 2:54pm dismissal time.
- Picking up students early or for appointments: To ensure safety of all students, and utilize time for learning, it is our district-wide policy that students will be called from their class only after the parent/guardian is in the school office, signing the student out. Please arrive in the office early enough to allow your child adequate time to leave the classroom and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Medication: If your child is on a prescription medication or will need a non-prescription medication, you need to have an authorization form completed and signed by your child’s physician, prior to our school dispensing the medication. Remember to keep the medication in a container labeled by the pharmacy. Any non-prescription medication needs to be in the original (labeled) container. You can pick up the forms now in our school office between 7:30am and 3:30pm.
- Phone numbers and addresses: Please make sure the office always has your current phone numbers and address. It is crucial that we have a way to contact you in the event of an emergency. You can make changes and updates in PowerSchool at any time.
- Immunizations: ND State Law (Century Code 33-06-05-01) requires that schools must be provided a completed Certificate of Immunization for all children before they can be admitted to school. Your family clinic or doctor can provide the immunizations. Immunizations can also be obtained from Fargo Cass Public Health (FCPH). That phone number is: 701-241-1360; the address is: 1240 25th Street South in Fargo.
Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 25th!
Back to School Night
On Thursday, September 2, we will have a “Back to School” Open House from 5:30-7:00 PM. During the open house you will have the opportunity to…
- Meet your child’s teacher and see the classroom
- See your child’s other teachers and classrooms such as library, music, physical education and art.
- Meet Mrs. Conmy (principal) and other support staff members
Please note that everyone attending Back-to-School night must wear a mask in accordance with district requirements.
We are anxious to get the school year started with our students on Wednesday, August 25th and to welcome families back into the building on “Back to School” night from 5:30-7:00 PM on September 2nd.
From the Principal
Greetings Madison Families,
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to you. I am honored to be named the new principal at Madison Elementary. I have worked in a variety of settings within my 20 years of teaching from Special Education to the regular classroom. The last 4 years I have worked as the Assistant Principal at Ed Clapp Elementary. I know that it can be a stressful time when new leadership comes aboard, but I want to assure you that I am here to continue to build upon the successes of Madison Elementary.
Madison is doing amazing things, and I hope to be able to help maintain these goals and focus on building strong relationships and trust with students, staff, families, and the community. I am eager and excited to begin a fantastic year. This year is going to be a year of learning, building relationships, and providing students with academic and social experiences that will help them to continue to learn and grow.
As your principal, I am dedicated to creating an environment where students, staff, and families continue to be excited and comfortable to walk through the doors of Madison Elementary. Please know my door is open, and I look forward to meeting each of you over the next few weeks.