Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Sunday, May 6, 2018
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
State testing is going well and your children are giving their best effort. Please continue to get your child to school on time having had a good night's sleep and a good breakfast. A healthy snack and lunch will help to keep energy levels up so they can do their best each day.
The weather is warming up and your children likely grew a few inches over the winter! Please take a minute to review our school's dress code (available on page 11 in our handbook).
Streets around LCE
Three important notes about our neighboring streets:
- We've received complaints from neighbors that people are blocking their driveways or parking in their driveways during special events at LCE - please be thoughtful and follow the laws when it comes to parking in the neighborhood.
- We learned this weekend that the City is doing some major road repairs along Joiner the week of 5/7-11. Please expect this will cause delays and challenges accessing the school. Please leave a little early and exercise patience and caution when navigating roads in the community to keep our City workers, our students, and other vehicles safe.
- We ask students to remain behind the blue dots while waiting for their rides or to leave campus by foot/bike/scooter immediately after school. Visit this link for a reminder of where it is acceptable to wait for your child, park and walk to pick up your child, and spaces where the traffic needs to keep moving and we do not allow pick up/drop off to ensure student safety.
Open House - Thursday, 5/17/18
- 5-7:30 - Book Fair open in the library
- 5:30 - 4th Grade Ukulele Performance in the MPR (arrive to the MPR by 5:25)
- 5:45 - 3rd Grade Recorder Performance in the MPR (arrive to the MPR by 5:40)
- 5:45-6:45 - Science Classroom is open to families
- 6:00 - School Choir Performance in the MPR (arrive to the MPR by 5:50)
- 6:15-7:15 - K-5 Classrooms are open to families
Our staff will be busy greeting families and making this a special evening for our families. Please help us by keeping an eye on your kiddos and encouraging them to make good choices while on campus. Encourage them to model the Colt Way!
8th Annual LCES Talent Show & PTC BBQ
- 4/23-5/18: LCES SBAC testing window for grades 3-5; more info will come from your teacher about exact testing days for your child's class
- Month of May: Better Speech and Hearing Month
- Week of 5/7: Staff Appreciation Week (thanks to ALL the families who help to make this a special week; big kudos to Tracy D. and Lisa S. for their leadership!)
- Week of 5/14: Spring Book Fair (click here to volunteer)
- Thurs., 5/17: Open House
- Fri., 5/18: All Kinder Field Trip - all Kinders attend from 8-12:30 pm (note the later pick up time!)
- Thurs., 5/24: Annual Talent Show & PTC BBQ
- Mon., 5/28: No School - Memorial Day
- Tues., 5/29-Fri., 6/1: 5th Grade Fort Bragg Trip
- Wed., 5/30, 8:55 am: LHS Senior Parade!
- Fri., 6/1: Dress Up Day - Hawaiian Day
- Week of 6/4-6/7: Early Release Week (1:40 dismissal for grades 1-5; ER Monday schedule for K)
- Mon., 6/4: End of Semester 2 Awards Ceremonies for grades 1-4
- Tues. 6/5: Election Day - the LCE MPR will be used all day/evening
- Wed., 6/6: 5th grade Awards & Breakfast
- Thurs., 6/7: Kinder End of Year Awards & Celebration & the Last Day of School!
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Awesome! Click for details!
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for students from 1:40-2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.