Manatee News 9/27/2021
Manatee Elementary School Newsletter
REMINDER-IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID, CONTACT THE FRONT OFFICE!
SCIENCE FAIR 2021-2022
We are excited to announce our format for the 2021-2022 Science Fair!
· Science Fair will be optional. Any student who completes a Science Fair project will be invited to the Super Scientist Party at that conclusion of the Science Fair. This party will take place in the cafeteria from 8:30-9:30 am (date TBA).
· Science Fair is open to students in grades 4-6th.
· It will NOT be virtual. Students will create a board and handwritten log in a binder.
· The kickoff to our Science Fair program will be a parent ZOOM meeting on Thursday, September 30th at 6:00 pm.
· The Manatee Science Fair Guide will be available to all students who participate in the program. This step-by-step guide is an excellent resource and makes Science Fair a breeze.
· There will be checkpoints to keep families on track with the timeline. Students will turn in their binder to Mrs. Bergevin.
· Students will get the opportunity for a face-to-face interview as part of the judging process.
· For additional information, the timeline and the Manatee Science Fair Guide please attend the ZOOM meeting on September 30th.
ZOOM Link https://brevardschools-org.zoom.us/j/84843515856 Meeting ID: 848 4351 5856
Federal Impact Aid Survey Forms
Your cooperation is requested in filling out the Federal Impact Aid Survey form. Please complete this form and return it to school by Friday, October 1st. Special federal funding for our school district is determined by these forms. The forms are sent directly to the Department of Education and all information is kept strictly confidential.
School Advisory Council Wants YOU!
- Join our team with a shared and meaningful purpose of improving the education experience of your child and all students at our school.
- Members are the voice of the entire school community.
- Meetings are once a month during the school year via ZOOM.
- Members are informed about the operation of their school and assist in making the best decisions possible for the school.
- School Advisory Councils are one of the driving forces behind the School Improvement Process.
If you are interested please feel free to contact Mrs. Coffin at email@example.com
Next PTO Meeting - October 13th at 3:00pm via zoom
Contact ManateeVieraPTO@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Fall Book Fair October 15 - 22
The book fair is a magical time to volunteer. We are looking for volunteers to help
set-up, clean-up, and work during book fair hours. Volunteers are needed to help
children choose books to purchase, create wish lists, read books, play book fair games,
and organize/shelve books. Watch this short video to learn more about volunteering at
the book fair https://video.link/w/APhAc
To sign-up for a time slot click here We are super excited to offer so many families the
opportunity to join us for this special school experience!
All volunteers must be approved by Brevard Public Schools.
Visit District and School Security / Volunteers for more information about becoming a registered volunteer.