Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Prayer Requests Aug. 18, 2013
- Emily- Chris started BMW last week. Starts classes this week. Pray for time management and focus
- Ann- need mother's house to sell soon. Friend in Lancaster having chemo for third time. Lives alone.
- Melissa- patience, wisdom, clear thinking with first week of school. Friend, Chris, needs to sell house and find a place to live.
- Ed- school starts
- Cindy- school starts. Like my kids. Don't like political issues and stuff that goes on. Aaron Morrison's continued recovery
- Carman- unspoken; Assistant Principal, Rhonda, lost her father this week (he was the state trooper found dead in Chester)
- LisaB.- Daniel and Noah unspoken
- Brian- leaving Monday for Mayo; Xan needs her transfer to FL to come through
- Kim- getting over illness; Dave- work and decisions; Maddie, Keller, Josh, Laine, Chris going back to college, pray for time management and focus
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
Saying prayers before dinner...God is great, God is good... Very simplistic prayer.
What does it mean when you say somebody is great? We've used the word "great" so much that it's lost some of it's meaning.
1 Timothy 1:17
Using the phrase, "God is great; God is good" is inadequate.
Sherri- Jesus is God and God is Jesus, but we should not simplify God to just that. God is and can be anything He wants to be...burning bush, donkey, spirit, baby, etc.