Volume 7, Issue 25 ----------------------------March 9, 2015
Donna Staten.... who will travel to Atlanta over spring break to receive a national award at the CoSN- Consortium for School Networking- conference. The connection came from the TASB/TASA conference last fall in Dallas. She was invited to speak about using social media in the classroom and PLN building. Her session had by far the largest crowd, and the TASB CEO nominated her for this award that is presented by NSBA. We are so proud! Here is a link if you'd like to read more! http://www.nsba.org/newsroom/press-releases/nsba-names-%E2%80%9820-watch%E2%80%99-education-technology-leaders
Teachers .... You finished the TELPAS calibration and turned your certificates in!!
Upcoming Week At Gattis...
Collect TELPAS Writing Grade 2-5
Writing collection due in LaWanda's box Wed. (should not be rated)
Writing Studio continues - 4th grade
Climate survey window is open
- Kindergarten Round-up
- 8:55 Brief ARD
- 9:50 Brief Ard
- 12:50 Annual Ard
- 1pm LaWanda - off campus training
- Be sure all reading and math STAAR ready tests are scanned!
- 1/2 day technology PD w/ Angie
- Jennifer at Principals' Meeting
- 1:45 ARD
- 9:00 5th grade science STAAR Ready
- 9:50 ARD
- TELPAS writing collections due in LaWanda's box
- Early Release
- 1:05 STAAR Training
- LaWanda at AP meeting morning only
- Maturation training 5th grade
- Morning Assembly
- Maturation training 5th grade
Coming up soon!
- March 12 & 13 Maturation Training
- March 16-20 SPRING BREAK
- March 20 End of grade period
- March 23 Due date - grade verification 3rd grading period
- March 23-27 Holistic Rating Window for TELPAS
- March 23 TELPAS tutorials
- March 24 Online Reading TELPAS 2nd grade
- March 25 Online Reading TELPAS 3rd grade
- March 27 International Fest
- March 30 Report cards go home
- March 30 STAAR Writing 4th grade day 1
- March 31 STAAR Writing 4th grade day 2/ Reading 5th grade
- April 1 & 2 Award Ceremonies for 3rd grading period
- April 2 Online Reading TELPAS 4th & 5th grade
- Aoril 3 School holiday
- April 6 TELPAS Online Reading Make-ups - All grades
- April 10 Spring Fling
- April 20 STAAR Math 5th grade
- April 21 STAAR Math 3rd and 4th grades
- April 22 STAAR Reading 3rd and 4th grade
- April 23 STAAR Science 5th grade
- April 27 6:30-8:00 International Fest
Happy Birthday, Fabulous Teachers and Staff Members! We celebrate YOU on your special day!!!
Mar. 5 Marcy Rodriguez
Mar. 6 Alett Rosberg
Mar. 6 Jennifer Lucas
Mar. 15 Mary Doyle
Mar. 16 Eva Hughes
Mar. 28 Erin Garcia
Mar. 28 Karen Rivera
Review Accommodations and groups for CBAs and STAAR Reading Assessments
Please be sure to review the google document with testing accommodations. There have been changes from ARDS. Some changes are in the document and some are not. It is the responsibility of ALL to ensure that correct accommodations are in place for the students we serve. I also need your input about test administrators who can support each group.
STAAR A and STAAR L Resources
STAAR A Tutorial for students taking STAAR Ahttp://texasassessment.com/administrations/STAAR-A/resources/#tutorials
STAAR L Tutorial for students taking STAAR L
STAAR L Practice
Random Acts of Kindness Project
Reminders will be on broadcast!! See Mrs. Naranjo's email or ask her if you have questions.
If you have students who need an extra slip to fill out, there is a large folder near the bulletin (right outside Renteria's office). Please have them take one during an appropriate transition time. Any completed slips, please place in my box and I will post on the bulletin.
Please refer to the following link for any ideas or activities you would like to use in the classroom, or if students are needing better clarification about a random of act of kindness.
Be Prepared!! - Review Emergency Protocols
Partners in Education
Please remember to use this link throughout the year to record any donors and partnerships. If you have guest speakers to your classroom or gradelevel, record the activity. Guest speakers would be recorded as partners rather than donors. Recording this information is an important piece of our accountability and allows our partners to be recognized for all they do for us.