North Dakota Senator
Heidi is now the second female senator of North Dakota and a proud mother of two children (now adults).
She is a part of the North Dakota Democratic- Nonpartisan League Party and was elected in to office in 2012.
What does she believe in?
- She believes the Affordable Care Act/ Obama Care, has good and bad points in it and needs to be fixed before it can actually begin to work.
- Just by the way, when the government shut down of 2013 happened, she was furious at the Republicans for using it to try to get rid of Obama Care.
- She wants a balanced budget amendment with exceptions.
- She would modify Social Security, Medicare and tax cuts for people making over one million dollars a year.
- People making over a million dollars a year would have to pay a 30% tax rate.
- INTENSE ENERGY
- SHE SUPPORTS THE KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE
- BECAUSE IT WILL CREATE A TON OF JOBS
- IT WILL ALSO MAKE US LESS DEPENDENT ON FOREIGN OIL
- SHE BELIEVES PEOPLE THAT OPPOSE THE PIPELINE HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO "JUNK SCIENCE" AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT.
Same Sex Marriage
- She supports it
- So should you
- She is pro-gun control after the Sandy Hook shooting
- Believes everyone should have a background check before owning a gun