Grapevine Mustang Band
Back to School!
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
Congratulations to all of the Mustang Band Members who have SUCCESSFULLY made it through the Summer Band! We could not be more proud of our students.
- URGENT Volunteers needed for uniform fitting on Saturday.
- All rehearsals are required events during the school year. Students need to start the year out strong not to get behind in their other classes.
- We need your help! Parent Uniform Help for fittings sigh up HERE.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- The 4th round of band fees was due AUGUST 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to email@example.com, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Late Night Yell - Aug 26 - 9:00pm. Info to follow.
- Chaperones needed! Sign up HERE. Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See below for Band Booster Notes, Volunteer opportunities, et.! It takes a village!
- NYC Trip info below! The deadline will be extended, thank you for your patience.
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- Parent Performance info below. August 16, 8:00pm MPS.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email Uma at email@example.com to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- Please review the presentation below and the 2021 Spring/Summer Checklist.
- All Families can start raising funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
Road to All-State
Students can utilize the Road to All-State portion of our website to help prepare them for their Region, Area, and All-State Auditions. https://www.grapevinehsband.com/road-to-all-state.html
TWU is hosting a FREE All-State etude workshop on September 18th. Please see the link below for more information. Happy practicing! https://twu.edu/music/band-workshops/
Students are responsible of proper instrument maintenance. Woodwinds MUST swab instruments and remove excess moisture after every use. Take the time now, or spend the money later. Brass must keep instruments clean, and well oiled. https://www.grapevinehsband.com/instrument-maintenance.html
Instrument Rental Forms
All students who are renting a school-owned instrument should have received a rental form from Ms. Irby. If you have not signed and turned it in, please do so ASAP.
GUARD UNIFORM FITTING: Guard members need to be fitted for the marching unitard that has just arrived. In order to minimize disruption to critical rehearsal time we need guard members to come to the 2nd floor of band hall between 5-6 on Friday August 13 to get fitted. Guard members may want to bring their dinner and eat at the school. If there are any mom's available to help with the fittings please email Rosa Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSORY ORDER: The accessory order has been placed and is expected to arrive next week. Accessories will be distributed as soon as possible after their arrival.
1) We have four (10/15, 10/22, 10/29, and 11/05) openings to provide snacks to the guard after the games. Snack will be given to the guard after the game responsibilities are fulfilled and served in the band parking lot. Guard may not have their snack or drink in uniform. We will need additional snacks provided for competition days etc. Stay tuned for those dates. Please email Rosa Garner at email@example.com to sign up.
2) We have five openings on the laundry schedule. This is to wash both the spirit uniform and the marching unitard the kids will wear to perform. The uniforms will need to be taken home on Friday in the garment bags, laundered and returned on Monday hung in the garment bags. Soap and care instructions will be provided to you. We need someone to help 08/20, 09/03, 10/15, 10/29, and 11/05. We will also need help on competition days, those dates will be provided soon with the snack schedule.
3) We are still looking for photographers and videographers. You don't need to be a professional, just willing. Please email Rosa Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: The guard has been invited to welcome students at Timberline Elementary and Cross Timbers Middle School on the first day of school. The time is BEFORE their start of school.
We would really love for as many parents as possible to join our Grapevine Mustang Band Parent Page on Facebook. It's a great place to see reminders about upcoming events and ask questions about activities occurring throughout the year. There are a few reminders though for our new parents joining. This page is for parents only and a private group. We do require all questions to be answered before we approve so if you invite a spouse, other guardian or another band parent to join, please make sure they answer the questions. We approve requests based on info in our CHARMS system. So if someone requests to join the page and they are not listed in CHARMS as a parent or guardian they will not be approved.
Hello Band Family, let me start by saying thank you, thank you, thank you! We have had great participation so far on the sign ups.
We still have some openings for volunteers for the first few games so if you haven't signed up yet please take this opportunity to join us and experience the benefits and fellowship of Concession volunteering. Also, if you have students that might need volunteer hours, these shifts can provide GHS Honor Society hours as well as GHS Ambassador hours. Also, children 13 and over can help.
1) 8/27 Varsity Game -
- 9 volunteers still needed for the early shift 6:15pm-8:30pm
- 15 volunteers still needed for the later shift 8:15pm-10:00pm
2) 8/26 JV/Freshman Game -
- 8 volunteers- there is an early game so a shift was added from 3:30-6:30
- 1 volunteer needed for the 4:45pm-7:15pm shift
- 6 volunteers needed for the 6:45pm-9pm
3) Still need a JV Concession Manager and a Varsity Concession Manager - these positions are VERY IMPORTANT (can you tell I'm begging??); training will be provided and you will not be left to fend for yourself!
If I can help or if you have any questions I can be reached at 817-371-1786.
Thanks for all your help and support. Go Mustangs!
Here are the links to volunteer:
We are looking for Sponsorship partners for the 2021-2022 school year. If you know of any business that would be interested in being our partner please reach out with the Sponsorship form and return it to email@example.com.
Monday, August 16th - Stadium Rehearsal and Parent Performance
5:15pm - All students and equipment is in place on the MPS field
5:30pm - Stadium rehearsal begins (students will wear their Transcend Show Shirt for the performance)
8:00pm - Parent Performance begins (enter stadium through the south gate behind the scoreboard)
NYC Trip Updates
Signup Link Coming Soon! We are waiting on contracts to be cleared by GCISD to protect everyone that chooses to travel with us. If this clearance is not provided in adequate time for the original August 6th deadline, it will be extended for everyone. You haven't missed it!
*All personnel on this trip must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19*
At this time, everyone on the trip should plan on bringing a mask and proof of vaccination to NYC. While a great deal can change between now and then, everyone should be prepared for this to be an expectation of the trip.
Students that play a large instrument should plan for typically at most $150 of baggage fees. Percussion instruments will be provided.
Companion Trip Details-
Full Companion Trip Includes:
Single – $1,352
Double – $1,014
Triple – $925
Quad – $870
Round Trip Air
No meals included
No airport transfers
No tour director (but you can still follow the trip around!)
Companion Trip Without Air Includes:
Single - $977
Double - $656
Triple - $549
Quadruple - $496
No meals included
No tour director (but you can still follow the trip around!)
Student Quad Trip with one way air to NYC is $2,260.
It is recommended that every family consider trip insurance. Please carefully review the options provided and carefully decide what is right for your family. You never know what could happen!
Trip Insurance : https://mhross.explorerseries.com/
Trip Insurance comes at three different levels:
- Platinum (Cancel for Any Reason)
The “Cancel for Any Reason” must be purchased within 15 days of the date you pay your deposit.
Lone Star Youth Orchestra
Auditions for the Lone Star Youth Orchestra’s 2021-2022 Season are coming up later this month (August 21, 25, and 28) at the Irving Arts Center (see attached flyer for details). We could use your assistance in spreading the word to your music teachers and students. LSYO is in particular need of students who play the VIOLA, BASS, OBOE, BASSOON, or TROMBONE!
The Lone Star Youth Orchestra is the only tuition-free youth orchestra in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The orchestra is open to all middle school and high school students residing in the DFW Metroplex. Rehearsals are held on Wednesday evenings (6:30 to 9:00 p.m.) from early September through mid-May. The LSYO presents several public concerts during the season (Oct. 27, Mar. 2, and May 18).
Audition information and other details about the youth orchestra may be found online at www.lascolinassymphony.org/lsyo.
Audition slots are filling fast and space is limited. Students should reserve their slot as soon as possible. The audition fee of $25 per student is fully refundable (provided that the student shows up for his/her scheduled audition). There are no other fee requirements to participate in the Lone Star Youth Orchestra.
Auditions are by appointment only. No walk up auditions will be accepted. Students can expect to perform two scales, a solo of their choice, and 2-3 excerpts that have been preselected for their instrument. E-mail the LSYO Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form. Upon registration completion, the LSYO Manager will contact parents to schedule the audition.
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.