Monday Memo, February 1, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, February 1st to Friday, 5th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
News, Notes and Reminders
- Welcome back to Rick who returns from his week long vacation cruising the warm waters of the Caribbean. We hope you had a great time but welcome back to reality!!
- Today we welcome a new staff member to Funkstown. Jenifer Kerley will be joining us to fill the position vacated by Robbin Hamilton in Jill and Amy's K classroom. If you see Jenifer today please give her a warm Funkstown welcome. We're glad to have you with us Jenifer!!
- For those of you who submit time cards - a reminder that all timecards must be submitted by the end of the day on Monday to be approved by end of the on Tuesday. Thanks!!
- K teachers please be reminded that report cards must be ready for review on Tuesday, and will be sent home on Friday, February 5th.
- A request from Nancy - "Staff!! Please check your mailbox Monday morning. Lots of information and papers to go home today!!"
- Please be sure to take a few minutes to read Dr. Wilcox's Friday Update from last week. In particular the section entitled ADVANCING CURRICULUM. Bridget Herbert is featured in one of the pictures and there is quite a bit of information shared in the Essential Curriculum https://www.smore.com/01xpm section. Short of being a part of the curriculum teams this will give you a good idea of what is happening.
- Also see Stacy Henson's Early Learning Newsletter found here https://www.smore.com/2jpby It is full of good information for all early childhood teachers and staff.
- WCPS offers many professional learning opportunities. In case you missed Joni Burkhart's message you will find a newsletter for many PD opportunities here: https://www.smore.com/4dk1h
Monday, February 1st
- Welcome back to everyone!! It was a very long and quiet week at Funkstown School. We're glad to have everyone back - ready and recharged!!
- SLO discussions begin this week. Please see me if you did not get an email message with a date and time.
- Please let me know before the end of the day if you would like one of the office desk chairs offered by Matt Semler. Thanks!
Tuesday, February 2nd
- Admin report card review day.
Wednesday, February 3rd
Tammy Fotchman and Arlene Reece-Toussaint at Funkstown today.
Thursday, February 4th
Friday, February 5th
- Early Learning Assessment training for some staff members at CES 8:00 to 3:30
- Report cards go home with Kindergarten students today. This will be the last time printed report cards will be provided for any WCPS students. Parents will be responsible from now on to use ParentVue to view and print a copy of their child's report card.
- Monday, Feb. 8th Kindergarten CFIP
- Monday, Feb. 8th Leadership Team Meeting, Tammy's room
- Tuesday, Feb. 9th Pre-K CFIP You will find the agenda for both meetings here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1OgFN1fUUnKJz0KkOqndXbGGp1FtCFNqTo2yfeGLhdng/edit?usp=sharing
- Tuesday, Feb. 9th Social/Wellness Committee event - Marde Gras & Valentines
- February IEP meeting dates 2/10, 2/17, 2/24. Watch for agenda's from Bridget Stine
- Friday, Feb. 12th, Valentines Day parties AM/PM for Pre-K and PM for Kindergarten
- Monday, Feb. 15th, President's Day, school/CES closed
- Thursday, Feb. 18th, PreK KinderKonzert
- Read Across American Week/Dr. Seuss' Birthday, March 2nd.
- Kindergarten to Fairview Outdoor School, March 17th.
- End of third marking period, Friday, March 18th.
- Professional Learning Days for teachers - Monday/Tuesday - March 21st & 22nd.
- Spring Break - March 23rd through March 28th.