8th Grade Literacy
Welcome to the 2013-14 school year!
Ex: Interactive Student Notebooks or daily practice
Ex: Quizzes, Tests, Projects, and Book Reports
Common Core State Standards for English and Language Arts
I will treat you with respect, so you will know how to treat me.What will respect look like in this class?
Late Work Policy
When you are absent, please ask a classmate or borrow my notebook to find out what you missed! You have twice as long as you were gone to make-up work.
Second Chance Assessments
Guidelines for Student Behavior
2. If you find yourself with a problem, you may solve it by any means that does not cause a problem for anyone else.
3. You may engage in any behavior that does not jeapordize the safety or learning of yourself or others.
4. If you can't solve your problem, or choose not to, I will do something.
5. What I do will depend on the special person and the special situation.
6. If you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, "I am not sure that is fair, " and we will talk.
8th Grade Language Arts GLE/ Common Core State Standards
It is my responsibility to teach and your responsibility to learn; let's get to work!
2. Writing utensils