DMS Community Newsletter
August 18, 2023 ~ Week 2 Setting Expectations
Wednesday is Student Early Release at 1:30PM
Thursday is Kobe Bryant Day (Purple & Gold) - 8/24
Every Friday is Defender Spirit Day!
First Week of School Recap
We had a fun and successful first full week of the 2023-2024 school year.
Students participated in:
- fun Ice Breaker activities in their classrooms,
- created academic, personal and community goals,
- were able to engage in our Common Sense / Behavior and Discipline Expectations Assembly where they learned all about what to do, what is expected, and how to find success on campus.
Students even had opportunities to dive into academics and hit the ground running in their learning. Our staff had a blast getting to know your children face to face and can't wait for all of the great experiences this year will hold.
Save the Dates
Student Drop Off & Pick Up Reminders
Due to a limited number of parking spaces on our site, all parking is reserved for staff only. Please either use the drop-off loop or park along the street when bringing your children to school and picking them up. Encourage your children to use the crosswalks and sidewalks before and after school. There are many new parking spots on N. General Kearney and there is a dirt area across the street for use. Thank you for your assistance.
Want to Avoid Traffic During Pick-up?
If you would like to avoid the heavy traffic at the end of the school day, arrive to campus about ten minutes after dismissal (2:40 PM). Most traffic will have already cleared by then allowing you easy access to campus.
Item Drop Off
- The only items allowed to be dropped off at school are academic materials (computers, textbooks, PE clothes, or an empty water bottle).
- No other items will not be taken.
- If a student forgot their lunch, they can receive lunch at the cafeteria for free, if needed.
- Please note that classrooms will not be called to notify students of a dropped-off item.
- Students can stop by the front office during break or lunch to check and see if the item is there.
Lunch Applications - Please Complete
- Student lunch applications are one of the ways schools receive additional state and federal funds.
- Please complete the online lunch application even if you think you don't qualify or even if your child packs their lunch.
- Yes, snack (served only during break) and lunches are still FREE for ALL DMS students this year, but these applications help us get more materials and programs to help our students.
- This can only help our school!
Counselor Schedule Reminders
Student Schedule Notice
Wired Headphones Required
Electronic Headphone Update
DMS Headphone/Earbuds This Year: All earbuds must be wired and able to plug into a chromebook. Bluetooth devices and non-wired earbuds/airpods will be confiscated! If students do not have wired headphones/earbuds, a set will be provided in the classroom as required by the teacher.
Detention Information & Preference
In order to support students getting to where they need to be outside of school hours, our practice for detentions will be to assign them during the school hours, such as break or lunch (students will still be provided time to eat). This will allow students to continue with their before and after-school transportation as usual.
If you would prefer your child serve any assigned detentions outside of school hours, please let us know by clicking here.
TVUSD Dress Code Guidelines
Here are some guidelines and tips from our TVUSD Dress and Grooming Policy (AR 5132)
Temecula Valley Unified School District believes that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a productive learning environment. Student attire and grooming must permit your student to participate in learning without posing a risk to the health or safety of any student or school district personnel. The school district is responsible for seeing that student attire does not disrupt school activity or contribute to a hostile or intimidating atmosphere for any student.
All DMS students reviewed TVUSD dress code expectations during the Common Sense Assembly on Friday. Please see TVUSD AR 5132 for guidelines.
We are looking forward to inspiring, supporting, and fostering the learning experiences that your child will have this year. As always, we appreciate our partnership with you as we begin the 2023-2024 school year.
Don't Forget to Buy Your Spirit Pack & PE Clothes
Purchase Your School Items Online - Delivery During Advisment
Purchase DMS items such as:
Spirit Shirts (DMS Shirts)
Click here for the DMS Web Store or go to Bookkeeper in Room 515 during below hours.