Welcome to School Counseling
Beginning of the Year Updates from your School Counselors
Meet your Counselors!
Who is the coupon clipper? Who has a dog? Who has been to 30 countries? Who loves to cook? Find out more about your counseling team on our FlipGrid!
Director: Mrs. Christina Langley
Mr. Barry Smith- last names A-B
Mrs. Laurie Covington- last names C-F
Dr. Christy Genova- last names- G-Ki
Mrs. Megan Pomfret- last names Kl-Ne
Mrs. Nicole Pitre- last names Ng-Sam
Mrs. Holly Banner- last names San-Z
Ms. Michaella Beatty- ESOL levels 1-6
Social Worker: Ms. Rachel Perkins
School Psychologist: Mrs. Suzanne Fouche
Registrar: Ms. Brittany Testerman
Secretary: Mrs. Ingrid Puña
Testing Coordinator: Mrs. Sharon Tudor
Counseling Intern: Ms. Fatima Samha
Set Yourself Up for Success (Virtually)
Tips and Tricks to Start the Year
- Have a separate, uncluttered, school space (if possible)- having a dedicated space while signal to your brain that when you are there, it is work time.
- Treat virtual school like regular school- submit assignments on time, pay attention in class, and ask questions when you do not understand something.
- Create a schedule and stick to it- having a routine helps us maintain control over our environment. (If you have extenuating circumstances, please talk with your teachers and your counselor so we can help support you!)
- Utilize your webcam to build relationships with your teachers. On the flip side of that, zoom fatigue is real, and if you are feeling drained with being "on stage" then turn your camera off, but stay engaged via the chat, or activities.
- Take time to take care of yourself! Do an activity every day that brings you joy or helps you let off steam. Don't know what that might be? Ask your counselor!
- Get 8 hours of sleep. We have adjusted bell schedules during the virtual time (8:30am- 3:30pm). Do your best to get the rest your body needs.
- Make time to socialize- just because we are virtual doesn't mean you can't maintain your friends!
Virtual Bell Schedule
Counselors will begin meeting with seniors on September 21st. During these interviews, we will go over requirements left for graduation, what your current next steps are, and find out how we can support you this year.
Not sure where to start? Head over to the "College Quick Start" module on Canvas. Here you will find in-depth information on how you can begin your search for the right school for you.
You can attend virtual college visits! Sign up via Naviance and you will receive Zoom links from the college representatives. We will also have military representatives visit throughout the school year.
Scholarships are posted as receive them on our college and career website, under "assignments" in Canvas, and on our Twitter. Check back often, as these are updated throughout the school year!