Why Electricity Is Dangerous

Stay safe around electricity!

Why You Should Not Mess Around With Electricity

You've probably been shocked before by static electricity, like when you walk across carpet and touch a doorknob.

But a real electric shock is a lot more painful than that, and a lot more dangerous. Here's what can happen:

  • Muscles tighten up, making it almost impossible to pull away from the circuit.
  • Lungs constrict, making it hard to breathe.
  • Heartbeat is interrupted and blood vessels tighten.
  • Burns occur where the electricity enters and leaves the body.

It sounds scary, and it is, but if you remember the safety rules, you can use electricity without getting hurt.