Kicking Off the 2019-2020 School Year!
Just a few reminders:
- Anytime you are coming to the school please bring your photo identification
- If you are using the car/van pick up line remember that Cherrix is a two-way street and you need to wait in the line even if you are going around.
- If you are picking up your child early from school, please send in a note in the morning.
- If there are any changes in dismissal the person picking up must by on the emergency card that you filled out at the start of the year. We will not dismiss unless the person has photo identification and are on the card.
- If you need a printed copy of the handbook, please notify the office.
Please note some new changes this year:
- Due to safety and security visitors will not be permitted during the lunch hours starting this school year.
- Food for birthday celebrations need to arrive to school prior to the students designated lunch time as that is when they will be enjoyed.
Parade To Success
Full Day Pre K is coming to Magowan
We are also opening 2 free full day sections at HeadStart in Delanco. See the attached document for the application to get enrolled.
We are so excited for this opportunity starting on October 1st.
New PBSIS Expectations
BCLS Book Mobile
If you did not get a card and would like one, please fill out the library membership coming home this week and you student can attend the book mobile next month!
Follow us on Twitter @MES_EPTSD
We look forward to seeing you there!
Grade Level News
We strive to foster the home school connection and would love to share some tips for what you can do at home to support the learning going on in the classroom. Please see below.
Little Free Library
We welcome all languages in new and gently used condition. We want to make books accessible to ALL of our students. Can you help? Send them into the main office and we will take care of the rest!
Social and Emotional Learning Corner
Social and Emotional Development
When you miss school, you miss out, and we miss you!
Thank you to all of the teachers for coming out to support this awesome event!!
Smoking Prohibited On School Grounds
Attention parents of preschool children
Does your child have difficulty in one or more of the following areas:
Hearing - Seeing - Talking - Listening - Sitting - Standing - Walking - Running - Feeding One Self
Toilet Training - Socializing
The school district offers FREE PROGRAMS to preschool handicapped children. To be eligible a child must be 3-5 years old and qualify for services. Children under 3 may be served by early intervention programs. We believe the sooner a child's special needs can be determined, the better that child's chances to receive an appropriate education and develop his/her potential.
Call Child Study Team 609-877-1663
A Look at Upcoming dates
9/18- Magowan Back to School Night 6:30
9/20- Library Bookmobile visit Magowan School
9/23- PTO meeting 6:30 Ridgway School
9/24- Board of Education meeting 6:30 Ridgway School
9/26 Illusion Makers Assembly
10/2- Custodial Appreciation Day
10/7-10/11 Magowan Week of Respect
10/7-10/11 Fire Prevention safety week
10/9 PTO Pizza Deli Night
10/11 Fire Truck visit
10/15 Board of Education meeting 6:30 Ridgway
10/16-10/17 Magowan Picture Days
10/18- Library Bookmobile visit Magowan School
10/21-10/25 School Violence and Awareness Week
10/22-10/29 Magowan PTO Bookfair
10/28 PTO meeting 6:30 Ridgway School
10/30 PTO Treat Trail