PVE New Family Orientation
Wednesday - July 31, 2019
Welcome to Pleasant View Elementary
Whether you are a brand new family to Pleasant View or a current PVE family who has a new child joining us this coming year ~ this event is for you!
You are cordially invited to an optional event for families and/or students who are new to Pleasant View Elementary School.
Our New Family Orientation will be held on Wednesday, July 31st from 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
Starting school or attending a new school is such an exciting time in your child’s life and we are thrilled to be able to share this event with you. Our goal, and commitment, as a school and staff is to make your child’s time here at PVE meaningful and memorable.
You are not alone...we have many new students enrolling in PreK through 4th grade this year at PVE! This event allows students and their families to become acclimated with our school building and learn some specific information about Pleasant View Elementary prior to Meet the Teacher Night (8/5) and the 1st Day of School (8/7).
We are offering two duplicate Orientation Sessions for you and your family to choose from.
- Orientation Session #1 will begin promptly at 4:00pm. If you would like to attend this session, please plan to arrive at 3:45pm in order to check-in for this session.
- Orientation Session #2 will begin promptly at 5:00pm. If you would like to attend this session, please plan to arrive at 4:45pm in order to check-in for this session.
Please complete the short RSVP form below in order to assist us in planning for this event.
What to Expect
- Each session will begin with a short welcome and introduction by the PVE administrators.
- You will be asked to join a group led by one of our PTO parents and some PVE current or previous PVE students. During this time, parents and students will learn how to go through the lunch line, experience sitting in a school bus, and tour the building.
- One of our school nurses will be in attendance to assist with any medical questions or concerns you may have. There will also be other representatives from many of our school and district departments available to answer your questions during this event.
Our school office will officially open to the public on Monday, July 29th. If you are in need of assistance before then, please do not hesitate to call the PVE office or send us an email.
Enjoy the remaining days of summer, and we hope to see many of you Wednesday, July 31st!
Dr. Stacy Smith, Principal
Mrs. Jodi Morrow, Assistant Principal