Arctic Light K-5
Do Good Work, Be a Friend, Every Day - August 22nd, 2022
- August 25th - PTA Meeting: 3pm Library
- Sept 5th - Labor Day: NO SCHOOL
- Sept 13th - Open House/ Title One Annual: 5:30-6:30pm
- Sept 30th - Professional Development Day, NO SCHOOL
Principal's Message - Settling into School
Let's review our goals from our Smart Start to School. If something is missing, let us know.
- Your teacher has communicated his/ her expectations and routines for having a successful school year. Each teacher has their own communication twist - some text, some email, many use special Apps. Whichever the method - the communication is meeting your needs.
- Drop-off and Pick-up: this seems to be improving. The front loop is for Kinder and First Grade. The gym loop is for breakfast and 2nd-5th grades. Kindergarteners come out at 2:20pm and First Graders at 2:25pm. Please clear the parking lot as soon as you can. Second -Fifth Graders come out the Gym doors at 2:30pm and need to be picked up in the gym loop.
- School food costs this year: $2.50 for Breakfast and $3.00 for Lunch. If you apply through Schoolcafe.com you may qualify to receive free or reduced meals. These applications fund our Title I programs.
- Your donations for students without meals are always appreciated.
- Gym shoes can stay in the classroom. This will make more sense, in just a few weeks, when students are wearing all their snow gear.
- Answers to questions about school expectations can be found in our Student Handbook.
Join us Thursday at 3pm in the Library for our PTA Meeting. A core group of dedicated parents can do wonders for our students and school community.
Keep in touch.
Do Good Work, Be a Friend, Every Day.
Arty during our Friday Assembly
Laughter is Medicine
The rotation of Earth - Really Makes My Day..!!!
What is brown and sticky?
I've never gone to a gun range before.
I decided to give it a shot!
Why do you never see elephants hiding in trees?
Because they are so good at it.
I don't play soccer because I enjoy the sport.
I'm just doing it for kicks.
- Consider joining the PTA. They support our students in a variety of ways and you get to meet similar minded parents.
- Compete our 'Volunteer Packet' and support our students through tutoring, organizing, or covering classrooms during lunch.
- Share your knowledge by being part of our Title I Parent team. We need parent input for our school programming. Let the office know if you are interested.
- Show your 'School Spirit' by wearing our school 'Spirit Wear'. We have t-shirts available for purchase at our office.
- Donations are always welcomed. If you'd rather support our school through monetary donations, they are always welcomed. Donations support student school supplies, winter gear, and meals. Contact our office with your ideas.