SPARK Academy Newsletter - September 9, 2022
PE's Dynamic Duo
Ms. Davis has been with Athens City Schools for ten years, first in the special education department, then in Pre-K , and finally as a PE aide at SPARK. She has one daughter who is a nurse at Huntsville Hospital. Her job is to help supervise students while they play since multiple classes have PE together. Ms. Davis says, "I love my job so much that I not sure I'd ever want to retire. I am looking forward to a great year with all of our great kids!"
In addition to typical physical education activities to support students' development of motor skills and fitness and encourage play, Coach Jaep and Ms. Davis have Workout Wednesday and Track Club Thursday to bring excitement to the students and challenge them to do their best in the area of physical fitness.You can start a conversation with your child by asking what they did in PE class. I am sure they will be excited to share.
Workout Wednesday Stations: This student is taking his rest station very seriously!
Workout Wednesday Stations: A thirty second plank is easy for this group!
PTO Corner - SPARK T-Shirts Are On Sale Now!
SPARK grade level t-shirts are on sale until September 15. The color of the t-shirt (design is pictured here) is based on student grade and will be able to be used for multiple years. Remember to return the order form before the deadline.
Our first PTO meeting is planned for September 27th at 6pm in the school auditorium. All parents are invited to attend.
- Don't forget to send in your party money. Each student is asked to bring in $8 to help cover the cost of our Halloween and Christmas parties. Please send cash in a sealed envelope labeled "Party Money" as soon as possible.
- Join the PTO Facebook group. PTO members can get updates through the PTO page. Just search for the SPARK PTO group and request to join.
SPARK PTO Officers:
Casey Bearden, president
Nancy Hipolito, vice president
Kelly Nave, secretary
Riley Greene, treasurer
September 11: National Grandparents Day (enjoy time with your family)
September 16: Health Heroes flu vaccines for kids (students must have signed forms to participate)
September 23: Professional Learning Day/No school for students
September 27: PTO meeting at 6 p.m.
October 4: 2nd Grade field trip to Cathedral Caverns
October 10-14 : Fall Break
October 19: Reports go home for first 9-week grading period
October 27: Kindergarten field trip to Birmingham Zoo
October 31: Halloween party at 1:45
November 10: Veteran's Day Holiday ( no school)
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Holiday (no school)
Our students spend the entire day learning, so having them here on time and avoiding checkouts is extremely important. Here are some general reminders to help support good attendance for your child:
- Our school day is 7:45 a.m. until 2:45 p.m.
- Parents should bring students who arrive late to the office to check them in.
- Check-outs are conducted through the office.
- Any missed school will be categorized as an excused absence, excused tardy, unexcused absence, or unexcused tardy.
- Excessive absences and tardies will subject the student and parent to truancy policies and procedures
Read the full attendance policy for Athens City Schools here: