Sierra Family Newsletter May 20, 2022
Join us TONIGHT for Movie Night at Sierra. See below for more details on this FREE event.
MOVIE NIGHT – TONIGHT 5/20
Last Movie Night of the school year!
Featuring: “The Mitchells vs the Machines”
Date: Friday, May 20
Time: 7:30pm - movie will start at sunset (8ish)
Where: Sierra’s big kid playground
Food: snacks for sale
What to Bring: blankets, chairs and pillows
Check out the flyer below.
WE NEED YOU!
We are already planning for the next school year! Come help us make the year a success while having fun. We are looking for volunteers for the following positions:
(1) co-Treasurer: we are looking for someone with a financial background to join the PTC Board for the 2022/2023 school.
(2) FUNd Run Chair: Help plan our first big fundraiser of the year, scheduled for Friday, September 23. This event raises money to pay for Sierra’s Spanish program.
(3) Fall Carnival co-Chair: Help plan this fun family event scheduled for Friday, October 28.
Please contact us if you are interested in any of these roles.
Have a great weekend,
Your Sierra PTC
My Spanish Journey Summer Program Registration Now Open!
FUN FOR KIDS-
Our online summer experience workshops, designed for 5-12-year-olds, let your child explore different topics each week- July 12-29 all taught in Spanish by our world-class instructors. Now your child can continue to learn Spanish AND new skills over the summer. Experiences will include gardening, baking treats, painting with watercolors, embroidery, magic, cooking and fun science experiments. All of these topics (and more) will be taught in live online experience workshops you child will LOVE- so they can participate from anywhere in teh world! Time choices for these workshops include 9:30am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm PST 4 days per week!
VALUE FOR PARENTS-
Imagine your kids practicing Spanish while developing cultural appreciation and awareness. At My Spanish Journey, we teach Spanish by building connection with your students through activities and experiences. Kids learn by doing! One great price covers three weeks of camp (see website www.myspanishjourney.com for schedule details).
- Spanish Experience Workshops 4x week, 30 minutes per day
- Summer Private Instruction (frequency of your choosing)
Click HERE for more information.
Lost & Found
Come pick it up before or after school in the multipurpose room.
Thank you all for your help and generous donations, as always!
Are you cleared to volunteer or chaperone a field trip?
- Fingerprinting completed for RUSD specifically. Prior fingerprinting done for any agency or organization other than RUSD will not be accepted. Fingerprinting takes approximately 72 hours to clear.
- Current Tuberculosis Test (TB). TB tests expire every 4 years and must be renewed in order to volunteer. TB Tests take approximately 48-72 hours for results and results must be brought to the office.
State of California Policy:
- Vaccination status or proof of a current negative COVID test uploaded to the link included in the email from Informed K12. If you have not received this email, please let the office know. Details about this are included in the Informed K12 email.
To check your volunteer status, please call the office or email our Secretary, Kimberly Ervin, at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
5/30/22 Memorial Day No School
6/2/22 Last Day of School Minimum Day 12:10 Kinder Dismissal/12:20 1st-6th Dismissal
Click this button for a video and more details. Share with your friends with school-ready little ones!
Check out our weekly announcements videos shared with students every Monday morning!
Lunch may be picked up for RVC students from 11:30 - 12:00 Monday - Friday from our school cafeteria. Our Nutrition Services Website has the menu for the month so your shark knows what they will be sinking their teeth into each day.