January 17, 2021
Required Health Screener for Hybrid In-Person Students
Hybrid In-Person Learning Schedules
The CPS hybrid in-person model typically has K-8 students coming to school in person for 2 days per week. Students who have selected hybrid in-person learning will be scheduled to come in for either Monday and Tuesday, or Thursday and Friday. All students in K-8 will be scheduled for remote learning on Wednesdays. Our office staff is currently in the process of calling all families who have selected hybrid in-person learning to confirm siblings so that siblings will attend on the same 2 days. If you have not yet received a call regarding siblings, please call the school at 773-534-2160 to speak with a school clerk regarding this matter.
A reminder that the window for selecting hybrid in-person learning closed in December. At this time students may not switch from remote to hybrid. However, at any time students can switch from hybrid to remote. You may also call the school or email Claudia Ortiz email@example.com if you would like to update your selection from hybrid to remote.
Changes to Remote Learning Schedules Begin 2/1/21
Due to the following factors, we anticipate that the majority of the K-8 remote learning schedules will change beginning 2/1/21:
- The required minimum of minutes for synchronous instruction will be reduced to 150 minutes
- The school-wide common lunch time of 11:30 will no longer be possible due to the in-person lunches needing to be staggered to ensure adequate supervision while teachers take their own lunch breaks
- Teachers will receive additional preparation time on Wednesdays due to needing to plan for both hybrid and remote learning
Each teacher will share the revised remote learning schedule for their students prior to 2/1/21.
Parent Workshop Sponsored by BAC
Social Justice Standards Meeting Postponed
School Closed Monday 1/18/21
Click the button above to be re-directed to a bulletin board with resources shared by community members.
Is there someone at Boone who you would like to recognize for their hard work, kindness, or other awesome quality? Please click here on the Boone Community Shout-Out form to take a moment to acknowledge that person. Your message may appear in the next post!
- Jan 18 - NO SCHOOL, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday
- Jan 19 - LSC Meeting, 4:00PM
- Jan 20 - BAC Workshop, 1:00PM
- Jan 28 - K-8 Reopening Plan Meeting, 3:30PM
- Feb 1 - K-8 students who opted for in-person learning return to the building
- Feb 4 - Last day of 2nd Quarter
- Feb 5 - No Classes (Teacher Professional Development Day)
REPEAT REMINDERS BELOW
Parent Portal gives parents the ability to view students' grades in real time. If you are setting up your Parent Portal account for the first time, please visit the First Time Parent Portal Set-Up link. This is a one-time step and not necessary after every school year. Once you receive your email from Aspen to help set up your username and password, you can access Parent Portal at Aspen Parent Portal.
If you already have a Parent Portal account, but are running into technical issues (forgot password, locked out, etc), please email Boone's tech coordinator Patrick Chi (firstname.lastname@example.org) so he can reset your account. Once your account is reset, you should receive an email from Aspen with further instructions. Additional information provided by the district can be found at this link.
How to Contact Office Staff or Administration
While Door 1 is under construction and temporarily unavailable, and there are limited staff at Boone due to COVID-19 closure, here are the ways you can contact office and/or administrative staff:
- Leave a message with Security Officer Mr. Valencia outside at Door 2 near the food distribution, 8am-1pm daily Monday-Friday
- Call main office and/or leave a phone message at 773-534-2160, option #0 (voicemail is checked daily)
- Email one of our clerks: Claudia Ortiz - email@example.com (English & Spanish), Shamiram Shahbaz - firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Arabic, Assyrian)
Daniel Boone Elementary School
Boone Vision: Kindness, creativity, and an understanding of diverse perspectives will guide us as we intentionally engage in learning opportunities and take action to bring about positive change in our world.
Boone Mission: We actively seek to learn more about ourselves, others, and the world through the arts and through learning opportunities that respond to our identities and promote positive relationships. We rise up to advocate for ourselves and others so that everyone is valued and empowered.