Marisa Schenke Period 7/8
- I want to be an elementary teacher because I love working with kids and enjoy seeing them learn and grow. I want to put kids on the right path to success early.
- A teacher must be able to teach students basic social and academic skills, enforce rules, meet with parents, observe students, keep students safe, and create clear lessons.
- Hours for teachers are from about 8 to 3 all year and they have the whole summer off.
- I would like to work in a suburban school.
- The potential annual wage for a teacher is $51,380.
Illinois State University is my dream school. It is the best school in the state for education majors.
I really like working with little kids.
I want to start kids on the right foot and prepare them for the future.
- A Bachelor's degree
- Teacher certification
- Experience with student teaching
- Be able to instruct
- Need patience
- Be an active listener
- Be able to discipline
- Jobs for teachers are expected to grow by 17% by 2020
- Enrollment for students is expected to grow, so the need for teachers will increase as well.
Related Jobs & Advancement Opportunities
- Preschool teacher
- Kindergarten teacher
- Instructional coordinator
- Teacher assistant
- Recreation worker
- It is possible to get a higher degree and potentially make more money.
- One could take on a higher position like a principal or superintendent.