Charles Ellis Montessori Academy, Week of October 3rd, 2022
Stay Informed: Monitor SCCPSS Communication Channels
Click on the links below to stay up-to-date on the latest news from the district:
October 3- Deadline to Return Money and/or Photo Packets
October 4- PTA Spirit Night at Chipotle
October 6- DDDD- Dress like your favorite plant/animal!
October 7- Staff Planning Day- No School for Students!
October 10- No School!
October 12- PTA Teacher Appreciation Lunch
October 14- PTA Reflections Submissions Due
October 18- Make-Up School Photos
October 21- PTA Fall Festival and Reflections Showcase
October 24-28- Media Center Book Character Pumpkin Patch
October 28- Donation Dress Down Day
View the SCCPSS Academic calendar at this link.
View the SCCPSS Assessment calendar at this link.
Please take note of the following:
- Photo sales are a fundraiser for our school...we receive a portion of your purchase!
- All the information that families need is in the photo packet.
- Families should pay for the pictures that they want to keep and/or RETURN the rest of the packet, if anything is left.
- Families may purchase the photos online at strawbridge.net using the code found on the price flyer in their student's photo packet OR they may send cash or check (made payable to "Strawbridge") to school with their student in the envelope provided.
- Make-Up picture day is scheduled for October 18th.
If you have any questions about school pictures, email Ms. Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This month, we will be supporting Oatland Island Wildlife Center. We encourage everyone to dress up like their favorite plant or animal in support of the work that Oatland does!
For more information, visit the DDDD page on the Ellis website.
Young Author Project
Contact Ms. Susan T. (email@example.com) for more information or to check for openings.
Books Now Available!
This book is what the entire Ellis staff is studying together throughout this school year and what the family engagement team is using as a basis for their discussions during their monthly Saturday morning meetings.
If you are interested in borrowing a copy of this book, contact Ms. Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide her with your name, your student's name, phone number, and email address. She will set up a community account for you, check out a book to you, and send the book home with your student.
PTA Reflections Contest
Visit the PTA Reflections Contest page on the Ellis website for more information including official rules and entry form.
Ms. Rebecca and Mr. Wes wish everyone safety and calm while working from home during the storm. Earlier in the week, we continued lessons in Upper Elementary about motivation and organizational skills. Primary students practiced following directions through story time with the book, Howard B. Wigglebottom Learns to Listen. Next week, we will conclude listening skills and organizational lessons while also preparing for upcoming activities with all students.
If your child or someone you know could benefit from school counseling support, Backpack Buddies, or any school supplies, please let us know.
Ms. Rebecca, School Counselor, Primary & Lower Elementary
Mr. Wes, School Counselor, Upper Elementary & Erdkinder
Ms. Lauren, School Counseling Intern from Georgia Southern University
BOOK IT! Reading Program
The 2022-2023 BOOK IT! reading program will begin October 1st for all interested Pre-K through 6th grade students. Visit the BOOK IT! page of the Ellis website for more information including how to sign your student(s) up to participate.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Library Media Technology Specialist
Charles Ellis Montessori Academy
International Peace Day
Grace & Courtesy Emphasis
Throughout the school year, Ellis has a school-wide focus on specific positive character traits. Each teacher may choose to highlight these "Grace & Courtesy" emphases differently, but as a school we follow a general common curriculum.
From September 19th-October 7th, our school-wide Grace & Courtesy emphasis is CREATIVITY.
The language for identifying/naming creativity in "The Self-Awakened Child" series by Jonathan Wolff
- When I do something in my own special way, I am being creative.
- When I make something new that no one has ever made before, I am being creative.
- When I find a way to help myself or someone else fix a problem, I am being creative.
STEM Donations Needed
- Empty 2-liter bottles
- Toilet paper/paper towel rolls (and rolls of paper towels)
- Old cotton t-shirts
- Plastic bottle caps
- Dowel rods
- Hard, plastic take-out containers with lids
- Old, 5-gallon buckets with lids
- Shoe boxes
Here's how you can enroll and participate in just a few steps:
- Visit this link and follow the instructions to "Join Club Publix"
- Provide your phone number every time you check out at Publix.
- Publix will donate a portion of qualifying purchases to our school!
Ms. Tanya Melville
Student Information Specialist
Ms. Ja'Dayia Coleman-Kennedy
Information Specialist Clerk
Ms. Lucy Holloway
Ms. Patricia Solomon-Brown
Library Media Technology Specialist
PTA Teacher Liaison
Ms. Lisa O'Donnell
Ellis Montessori Academy Website
Click here to view the new Charles Ellis Montessori Academy website.
Please visit the SCCPSS website regularly for the most up-to-date district information.