College Fairs & Visits
Info and tips
Top 20 questions to ask a college
- What type of institution is your school?
- What are the majors and best programs offered at your school?
- What are the entrance requirements at your school (average GPA, Average SAT/ACT, class rank, etc.)?
- What is the graduation rate of students at your school?
- What is the cost, including tuition, room and board, fees, etc?
- What is the average financial aid package?
- Is financial aid based on need or on a student's ability?
- How and when can I apply to your school and how/when can I apply for your school's financial aid package?
- What is the racial/ethnic make up of your student body?
- Where is your school located? Are there satellite campuses in other areas?
- What is the community like around the school? Is transportation available to nearby places?
- Are freshman required to live in a dorm? Where do most upper class students live: on or off campus?
- Is tutoring available to students? What about career counseling? Academic advising?
- What is your average class size? Are classes taught by professors or by teaching assistants?
- What computer facilities does your campus have available for students?
- What is the social life like on your campus? Do you have fraternities and sororities?
- What student support services are available to students?
- Are there competitive sports at your school? Do you have athletic facilities available for student use?
- What is the graduation rate for your school?
- What makes your school different from other colleges/universities that are similar in size and reputation?
Have a college interview???
Here's help on how to ace that interview. Info on what they might ask, how to prepare and how to answer those questions.