AEB Weekly 5/8/17 to 5/14/17
W. Charles Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
Akins Wind Symphony - Success at Dallas Winds Invitational Festival
South First Groove on Tour!
The Akins HS Jazz Band, South First Groove, has been representing Akins HS and the south Austin community with pride and excellence throughout the city. The group performed an exciting concert at Fiesta Akins and then a killer set at the Central Market Jazz Festival.
South First Groove at Fiesta Akins
South First Groove at Central Market
Events, Announcements, and Information
Texas State Solo & Ensemble Contest - Full Band Fundraiser
All hands are needed on deck for this event. More details will be coming soon. These are all day events.
Purchase Your Banquet Tickets Now!
Banquet is a great way to celebrate the end of the year with food, awards, presentations, and dancing.
This includes a fantastic meal!
All Balances Must Be Brought Current
There are quite a few families that are behind on band fee payment arrangements.
Please stay on top of your band balances.
As we look ahead to 2017-2018, no student will be permitted to register for Band in 2017-2018 if there is an outstanding balance.
Invoices will be coming home this week. Please make plans to take care of your outstanding balances.
Contact Mr. Fincher if you have questions about your current balance.
Earn Money for Your Band Fees, Next Year's Trip Payments, and Lessons
There are always shifts available and we are already needing people to work!
- Tuesday, May 16th - Percussion Ensemble Concert - Akins High School - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday, May 20th - Band Banquet - Onion Creek Ballroom - 6:00pm to 10:00pm
- Tuesday, May 23rd - Spring Band Concert - Akins High School - 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- Saturday, May 27th - UIL State Solo & Ensemble Contest (Entire Band Program Required to Attend) - All Day
- Monday, May 29th - UIL State Solo & Ensemble Contest (Entire Band Program Required to Attend) - All Day
- Tuesday, June 5th to Thursday, June 8th - Music Camp - Akins High School - 8:00am to 4:00pm