Week of January 1st, 2018
Tuesday, January 2nd
Here are all the details for a successful first day back. We've got a great morning in store that I hope will be a perfect blend of learning and fun.
- Breakfast - A light "Yogurt Bar" breakfast will be available in the Lounge beginning at 7:30. Grab you some coffee and something to eat! We'll start in the Library at 8:00.
- Feel free to wear jeans (but above all else, make sure you're warm!).
- Our morning on campus has been designed as a Robotics/Coding Fair. A big thank you goes out to Amanda, Carol K, and Jaime for their working in prepping the morning for us. We'll have an opportunity to explore some old & new robots/tools and dig deeper into how to purposefully integrate them into our new curriculum! We'll also learn about a fun Robotics "Badging" program that Amanda will share with us.
- Please make sure you have your CISD iPad charged and ready! You'll want to download some of the apps to get the most out of some of the robots.
- Lunch will be on your own.
- Afternoon - We will be at Cottonwood Creek and will begin the 1st session at 12:30. The district has asked that we carpool as much as possible due to the number of teachers that will be there that afternoon. The 2nd session ends at 3:30.
- Grades! - Don't forget that grades are due by 4:00 on the 3rd. #GreatTiming The January Faculty Meeting has been moved to Jan 10th, so that should give you a little extra time if you need it. :)
- Team SMART Goals - Please make sure there is an item on your upcoming Collaborative Team Time (PLC) Agenda to review/update progress on your team SMART goal.
- Upstairs Teachers - I'm not sure what kind of progress they have made upstairs with the restroom. Please be sure to have a plan for restroom breaks if we're without an upstairs restroom!
- MOY Assessment Window - The window opens on Wednesday and runs through Jan 31st. Please have Math MOY Screeners completed and entered by January 19th.
Want to sign up and be a part of the professional learning happening this Spring? Click the button below to add your name!
Week At A Glance
Monday - Happy New Year! Don't think too much about school. You're still on Break!
- Welcome Back!
- Breakfast @ 7:30
- Start in the Library @ 8:00
- Faculty Meeting moved to Jan 10th.
- Grades Due @ 4:00
- 2nd Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 1st Grade Collaborative Team Time
- Report Cards Go Home
Jan 8th - PTO Meeting
Jan 10th & 11th - Math Academy
Jan 10th - Faculty Meeting - 3:30
Jan 12th - GE Coaching Day (more info to come)
Jan 15th - MLK Day (No School!)