Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
September 18, 2015
Mrs. Krapinski's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @Skrapinski
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Thursday, Sept. 24th- Field trip
- Friday, Sept. 25th- Grandparent's Day
- Friday, October 2nd- 1/2 day for students
- October 5-October 21- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 22 & 23- Fall Break- NO SCHOOL
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 3 P.E.
- Tuesday- Day 4 Music
- Wednesday- Day 5 Art
- Thursday- Day 6 P.E.
- Friday- Day 1- Music
Room 22 Odds and Ends :)
We have 2 class photographers but still need a few parents to organize and run the class parties and miscellaneous activities.
Thank you for considering! I know this is a big job but it is oh so much fun!!
If you are interested, please contact:
Heather Thomas - TCE PTO Room Coordinator
Field Trip Thursday
Our first field trip to Indiana State Fairgrounds is this Thursday. Please remember to pack a totally disposable lunch and to dress your child accordingly. Close toed shoes, such as tennis shoes, should be worn since we will be around animals and in barns. It should be a great day!
Friday, September 25th is TCE's Grandparent's Day. 3rd grade is scheduled for 9:35-10:15. Please remember to sign in as you arrive and if you are early, there will be refreshments and student work to keep you occupied in the Science room!
What's Happening in Mrs. Krapinski's Class
- Reading Workshop is in full swing...daily 5.
- Guided reading groups start next Monday!
- Students will be exploring internal and external character traits.
- We will focus on character's actions, thoughts, words, etc. to find out more about a character's internal traits!
MATH MEDICS (3RD GRADE MATH)
- We are wrapping up our unit on addition and subtraction
- Our test over topic 2 is Friday, September 25
- Please help your child by continuing to practice facts at home - using a white board is a fun and easy way to take a few moments to reinforce this skill nightly.
MASTER MATHERS (4th Grade Math)
- We have wrapped up our addition and subtraction unit.
- Our test over Topic 4 is Tuesday, September 22
- We will begin Unit 1- Meanings of Multiplication and Division
- This can be a challenging unit so please encourage your child to continue to work hard and do their best!
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups.
- We will continue writing our small moment stories this week.
- We will concentrate on adding feelings and emotions to our story.
- We will work to make sure our stories have a beginning, middle, and end.
We have been working on our map skills and are looking forward to putting them to use by with our first Mystery Skype soon!
We are understanding where we are located in our world by creating a book that zooms in our place!
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
Background Checks & Anti-bullying Video
Picture Re-Take day is October 1st.
If your child wants a retake, they should give their picture packet/proof back to the photographer on October 1st.
College GO Week!
College GO! Week- September 21st-25th
Students are encouraged to wear college gear or colors to represent their favorite college on Monday, September 21st and throughout the week!
It’s never too early to start thinking about college! College GO! is an Indiana wide initiative each August through November where the state offers additional information and resources designed to help Hoosiers plan for education beyond high school. The official “College GO!” kick off is always the last full week of September. This year it is Monday, September 21-Friday, September 25.
Additional information and resources are available at www.LearnMoreIndiana.org.