Great Start Collaborative
Hillsdale County - May 2021
National Child Care Provider Day 2021
Child care providers deserve a big “Thank you” for their dedication, commitment, and compassion. Less than one-third of the children in America have a full-time stay-at-home parent. Since the child care provider is a partner in raising children, parents carefully choose their child care provider. It may be a private home daycare, a daycare center, an in-home provider, or a live-in nanny. Parents put their trust in their childcare providers as they share child-rearing responsibilities with them.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Child Care Provider Appreciation Day is a great time to celebrate the important providers in your child’s life!
Ideas for Parents
- Help your child make a homemade card
- Have your child color a picture
- Get together with other parents to create a surprise for your child care provider
- Send flowers, cards or a handwritten note of appreciation
- Work with your child to create a special remembrance
- Buy something for your provider’s play area
- Give your provider a paid day off or a bonus
- Check to see if your employer provides scholarships for toys, equipment, or training that you can sponsor as a parent
- Tag your provider in a social media post - free downloads here
Let your child care provider know how much you appreciate all they do.
Find sharable social media images on the Great Start Hillsdale County Facebook page as well.
GSC Parent Meeting
Kids Say the Meanest Things: How to handle children’s mean, negative and embarrassing talk
Learning to Talk: Speech and language development
Great Start to Quality allows you to search for all licensed programs in Michigan. You can search in the ways that are most important to you, whether it is by area, cost, or specific needs.