Robert L. Crippen "Friday" Bulletin
I hope your Spring Break was fabulous! How blessed we are to be off a week.
We love books!
Despite the power outage last Thursday, our awesome teachers provided books and our kids wanted to read, even in the dark!
Love this picture!
Our Kindergarten friends were writing and drawing from the natural sunlight under the new college banners during the power outage.
Place Istation, Xtra Math, and Think Through Math passwords on a ring so students can be independent during stations.
We love books!
Love this picture!
Events for the Week
- Nominations for Teacher of the Year are due by Wednesday, 3/18/15. We will vote via Survey Monkey on Thursday, 3/19 and Friday, 3/20. Simply fill out the Google Form link: http://goo.gl/forms/vZ6QvIi5LD REALITY Service Awards for all non-teaching positions--click here
- Monday, 3/16/15 12:45 & 1:45 4th/5th Grade--Please meet in the conference room with Ms. Rodriguez and Ms. Mayes during your confernce period to make FINAL decisions on STAAR Groups for 4th Grade Writing and 5th Grade Reading.
- Tuesday-Friday, 3/17/15-3/20/15 Grades 2-5 Reading TELPAS--Ms. Cardenas will send a schedule for your students. She will use both Ms. Folmar and Ms. McElroy's labs. Specials classes will not go to Computer/Istation rotations in that room. We will announce the portables or library as alternate locations over the annoucements. Please keep quiet in the hallways as this is testing. It is an untimed test so some students may take all day.
- Wednesday, 3/18/15 4th Grade Math Planning at SME-arrive by 7:30 AM, wear your ID badge, bring your math binder, etc to meet with Cindy Luttrell.
- Wednesday, 3/18/15 Non Dual Literacy Meetings Grades K-3 only during your conference room with Ms. Mayes.
- Thursday, 3/19/15 STAAR Training for EVERYONE must find a time to attend with a grade level conference time. This includes ALL office staff, ALL paraprofessionals, ALL teachers, and ALL administrators. Conference times are 7:15, 8:15, 9:15, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, 1:45, and at 3 clock in the conference room.
- Thursday, 3/19/15 REPORT CARDS go home with Flex Day Letters. Mary Williams will distribute those to you. This is when we tell parents their child is a candidate to attend.
- Saturday, 3/21/15 NCISD Fine Arts Festival at Porter High School from 9:30-3:30; Thank you to all that are helping at our table to make bookmarks. See Sally Ghuneim if interested. 1 hour shifts available for jeans coupons! :)
INFORMATION FROM THE DISTRICT/CRIPPEN
- Ten maker: 9+1 =10
- Mortar Word:
appropriate First, dress comfortably and appropriately. --5th Grade Reading 2013
They have bags that are appropriate for children of different ages. --4th Grade Reading 2014
Big Brainz is a math pilot program for grades 3-5. Students will be doing this game during Ms. McElroy's lab time. Istation will need to be completed in THE classrooms for grades 3-5 on the chromebooks.
Kindergarten will begin tutoring on T, W, and Thursdays. Ms. Hine will combing GT Explorers club in her room for 1st and 2nd graders; Ms. Owens will host GT Explorers Club for 3rd graders; Ms. Folmar will take over morning Cafeteria duty for Ms. Vasquez from 6:45-7:30 so she can tutor; Ms. Hernandez will assist with gym morning duty on Mondays and Fridays for Ms. Tobias.\
STAAR DATES: Monday, March 30 and Tuesday, April 1st for 4th Grade Writing and 5th Grade Reading