Matunuck Morning Memo
Manta Rays' News Waves 12/7/15
NUTS & BOLTS
- I will (tentatively) begin my maternity leave the first week of February and return June 1st. In my absence, my replacement will be Sheila Sullivan. If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!
- CLASSROOM TEACHERS: You received the following email with directions on Friday:
With the transition over to Google from FirstClass all STAR Accounts will need to be updated. For STAR, both teachers and staff have an email setup on their account in case they forget their password. The system will email a reset link to them. Unfortunately, I can't go in and change everyone's email address for them. This task will need to be performed by staff. I did however create a "How To" document with screen shots on the steps to update their STAR email address. If you could please forward this to your staff I would appreciate it. Since Google will be in effect once everyone comes back from Winter Break and the winter STAR window opens at the same time as well, I would suggest that everyone change their STAR account before leaving on Winter Break. If there are any questions or issues please let me know.
- You should have received the PPT and growth mindset articles from last week's faculty meeting to your gmail account. If you didn't, please let me know so I can pass it along.
- Hour of Code sign up is in the main office. 3rd & 4th graders will be introduced to "Hour of Code" in library next week. Additionally, a parent volunteer, Mr. Strom, has offered his time to work with students for 20-30 minute increments next week. He'll be offering full class or 1/2 class sessions and is flexible with dates/times. There is a sign up form for an "Hour of Code" in the office. All grades are welcome to participate!
Check it out here: Hour of Code
- District Crisis Committee Meeting (3:30 - SKHS Library)
- Teachers College (PDES) - 1st grade am; 2nd grade pm
- Teachers College (PDES) - K am; 1st grade pm
District DLI Committee Meeting (3:45 - PDES)
- Teachers College (PDES) - 2nd grade am; K pm
- HKHS Committee Meeting (8:30)
12/14: Salad bar week
I will be at admin for the morning
12/16: Mrs. Webb and I will be at a school website training from 9-11
District DEC meeting (3:30 - Admin)
12/17: Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (thanks to our PTO)
Holiday Party (4:30-7:00 - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant)
12/18: School assembly (2:00)
Safety Committee Meeting (8:00 - Conference Room)