The Weekly Buzz Update
A Weekly Newsletter from Corner Middle School
Volume 2, Number 35: February 17, 2021
8th Grade Family Meetings with Corner High School (UPDATED)
- Meetings with STUDENTS ONLY will occur on Thursday, Friday, and Monday (if necessary) at Corner Middle School.
- Students should bring the GRAY FOLDER with them that was given to them at CHS on Focus on the Future Freshman Family Night. Inside that folder is the course selection sheet that will be used in the meeting.
- If a parent or guardian would like to be a part of that meeting VIA TELEPHONE or would like questions answered by a CHS administrator or counselor, the parent/guardian should make a note on the course selection sheet and include the BEST phone number at which he/she can be reached during the day on Thursday or Friday.
- If a parent or guardian wishes to meet with representatives of Corner High School about the student's schedule, he/she should make a note on the course selection sheet to that effect.
- Students in a remote setting who have not picked up the gray folder provided by CHS and reviewed the information inside may do so by stopping by the main office at Corner Middle School today. Students who have opted for a remote setting versus the traditional setting should contact Corner High School at 205-379-3200 to discuss options for your scheduling meeting.
- Families should contact CHS counselor, Anya McGill, at email@example.com or CHS Assistant Principal, Rodney Ragland, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the process.
Remote Learning Schedule for Tuesday, February 17, 2021
We hope you all are doing well and stayed warm and safe during this most recent weather event! As you heard from the district and read in the email sent by Dr. Gonsoulin, Jefcoed schools will be in a remote setting today. In order to assure that we are serving all students, we will utilize the remote learning schedule below.
Students should log into their Chromebooks and will be able to access the class links in Schoology. Teachers will be available in 30 minute class sessions to assist students who need to complete the asynchronous activities from yesterday or the new ones today. We encourage your students to participate, especially if they need assistance or have a low grade in their classes.
As you can see, we are providing one hour for lunch. This will allow any family needing the time to travel to the school or a bus stop to get food adequate time to do so.
Extracurricular Activities at Corner Middle School on February 17, 2021
Corner Middle School
The mission of Corner Middle School is to serve our community of learners by:
· Utilizing highly-effective instruction and a challenging curriculum.
· Meeting the needs of diverse learners in order to prepare them for college and entry into the work force.
· Partnering with the community.
· Cultivating student leaders.
· Integrating technology into all areas of learning.