2100: Extreme Weather Events
by: Hailey & Edel
Worst Case Scenario
- Precipitation intensity will increase. (1)
- Wind and precipitation in tropical storms will increase. (1)
- Less snow, more rain. (1)
- Atlantic hurricanes will have increased wind and rain intensity. (1)
- 1.8 degree temperature increase = 6-18% rainfall and 1-8% wind speed increase. (1)
- Heat waves will happen ten times more often and their temperatures will rise. (4)
- Average temperature could increase by 8.8 degrees. (3)
- Huge floods will happen every eight years instead of every 100 years. (3)
Best Case Scenario
- (2) Climate change due to greenhouse gas emissions turns out to be 1.1- 2 degrees C.
- (5) Sea Level with rise only 0.18- 0.38 m.
- (5) Sea ice is projected to shrink in both the Arctic and Antarctic in all scenarios.
- (5) Acidification of the oceans will only be 0.14 pH units.
Best and Worse Case Scenario Pictures
Sea Level Rise
Sea Level could rise from 0.0- 15 or more.
Sea Ice will still melt but may decrease in speed of melting and intensity.
Precipitation Intensity will increase, causing flooding.