Central Heights Band Newsletter
December 15, 2022
- Pep Band Night (Rehearsals 12/16 & 12/22 (new), Performance in 1/6/23)
- Volunteers Needed, WSMA Solo & Ensemble on 2/11
- Winter Break, Band Bingo Challenge!
Winter Concert - Thank you & Great Job!
Below are some pictures from the concert and the 8th Grade Band's rehearsal with Patrick Marsh & SP East Wind Ensemble.
8th Grade Percussion w/ SP East & Patrick Marsh
Low Saxes & Bass Clarinet
8th Grade w/ SP East & Patrick Marsh
How many....??? 8th Grade Trombones w/ SP East & Patrick Marsh
Volunteers Needed - WSMA Solo & Ensemble @ Central Heights
On Saturday February 11th Central Heights will welcome hundreds of Sun Prairie music students and families as they participate in the annual WSMA Solo & Ensemble.
Please consider how you could help through donating food for judges & concession or donating your time as a door monitor, concessions worker, or office helper.
Go here to sign-up and get more info:
*NEW DATE* Friday 1/6* Pep Band Night with High School EPOCH Sound
How do you participate?
- SIGN UP HERE
- Read the FULL information letter (note - performance date is now Friday 1/6)
- Pay $6 fee (includes bussing & pizza dinner on 1/6)
- Come to rehearsals (12/16 & 12/22*new*) after school
- Come to the event on Friday 1/6
Information & Music is posted in Google Classroom.
Winter Break - BAND BINGO CHALLENGE
- Playing in a Blanket Fort
- Video Calling a friend/relative and play a song for them
- Making your instrument out of home supplies
- Teaching a friend/cousin/adult/sibling to play "Hot Cross Buns"
- And more.....
*Will also be posted in Google Classroom on 12/22
Band Calendar & Upcoming Dates
Linked above is our calendar for the year. Please communicate in as much advance as possible with any conflicts and reach out if you have any questions.
Friday January 6 - Pep Band Night @ SP East, optional (3 - 8pm)
Thursday February 9, Central Heights Solo Night, 3:45 - 6:30pm
Saturday February 11, WSMA Solo & Ensemble @ Central Heights
Tuesday February 14, Piano Solo Night @ SP East
Tuesday February 28, Central Heights Band & Orchestra Combined Concert
Band Lesson & Practice Tips
Every band student will receive a weekly private lesson for about 10 minutes with Mr. Melrose or Mr. Metcalf (part-time music teacher).
Want to know if how students are doing in their lesson?
- get connected to Google Classroom (if not already, send me an email & I'll get you connected)
Plan your Practice - chunk it up into different smaller parts and it won't seem overwhelming.
1. Warm-Up (Scales, Fundamental Exercises, Long Tones)
2. Main Project (hard parts of music, solo work, etc...)
3. For Fun (music that's fun/easy for you, or themes from movies, etc...)
- 7th & 8th grade have new mallets & sticks to order. Check pg. 2 of the above document
- NEED HELP? Just ask.
How to order:
- Click button below "Ward-Brodt - Supplies"
- Select "Central Heights - Band"
- Select Instrument