Monk, Priest, And Proffeser
He fought the church against its false teachings such as selling of indulgences
Notable work: 95 theses(1517)
Believed you were saved by faith not good deeds
Started first Protestant church
He was excommunicated
- He was a great priest
- He was the founder and leader of the Protestant
- The world now would be much difference In a religion point of view
- Luther almost died at age 19. On his way home from school, a dagger pierced his leg, cutting an artery. Only because he was with a friend, who fetched a doctor, was his life saved. Lying at the edge of the road till the doctor came, he cried to the mother of Jesus, “O, Mary, help!” His Wittenberg friends later criticized him for appealing to Mary instead of Jesus
- After 1521, Luther spent the rest of his life as an outlaw.
- Luther once said he had not even seen a Bible until he was 20 years old.
At birth, Martin Luther’s name was Martin Luder. He later changed it to the more academically respectable Luther.
I have held many things in my hands and I have lost them all ; but whatever I place in Gods hands I still possess
Brainy Quote. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Apr. 2014. <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/
Archive & annotate pageChristian History. N.p., n.d. Web. 3 Apr. 2014.