Happy Spring Everyone,
We are happy to have spring here but with this comes the snow melt and all the garbage that has been hidden over the winter. We know it looks terrible and are trying our best to get everything cleaned up. Students, caretakers, and staff are taking time to ensure we get everything picked up and looking good again. Each day more trash is being exposed and it is not always easy to pick it up as some is still frozen in. We are proud NBCHS Vikings, and we want our building and grounds to represent this pride – it will be cleaned up.
Spring Fever has also hit with students being able to spend more time outside enjoying warmer weather. Please ensure that we continue to follow school expectations and adhere to class schedules. Living Sky School Division Values include:
- Genuine Relationships – Mutual Trust and Respect! We create trusting relationships starting with respect and strengthened by open communication, commitment and caring for others.
- Belonging – Everyone can play! We foster community through inclusion, acceptance and equity.
- Integrity – Owning everything we do! We act honestly, consistently and responsibly - living our values every day.
- Innovation – What if we could? We are dedicated to continuous growth and success – anticipating needs, challenging the status quo and being creative without limits.
- Wellbeing – Bringing our best every day! We foster a healthy, safe environment in which people can be their best.
The end of Block 3 is quickly approaching, please ensure students are completing all assignments and are prepared for any assessments.
Wishing everyone a Happy April,
QUAD 3 EXAM SCHEDULE
- Monday, April 11th: Period 1 exam 9:00, Period 3 Exam 12:50 (no period 2 class this day)
- Gr. 7/8 have classes as normal with a regular lunch period.
- Tuesday, April 12th Summative assessment day for gr. 9-12 students, regular classes for gr. 7 & 8
Summative assessment day is a time for students to catch up on their summative assignments with their teachers help. Students may attend if they are behind or their teacher may request that they attend.
NBCHS Choir is Back
Congratulations to our wonderful bands and choir! Thank you to Mrs Carter for her expertise in the direction of the choir. We picked up several awards and cash awards totalling $450. Hurray for Music!
Battlefords Blend Scholarship-choir
Charles Davies Memorial Shield - Choir
Rotary Club Shield and Scholarship- 7/8 Band
CIBC Scholarship of $250 - Concert Band
If you love flowers and being in the garden, this is for you! The NBCHS Band is selling bedding plants/flowers. Please consider supporting them by clicking on the link below:
Sr Boys Doubles
Muhhamed Areeb and Caleb Hoiseth - Bronze
Sr Mixed Doubles
Jaa Southgate and Maryn Kachmarski - Bronze
Sr Girls Doubles
Arwen Gunderson and Maryam Shah - Gold
Jr Boys Doubles
Jr Mixed Doubles
Jr Girls Doubles -
Selene Weenie and Bralynn Lafond - silverAamna Siddiqui and Sabahat Zafar - gold
Walking with Krista and Lindsay
Krista became involved with MMIW when a close family friend, Ashley Morin, went missing. Ashley has been missing from the North Battleford area since July 2018. Krista invited Lindsay to walk with her after Lindsay's sister, Megan Gallagher, went missing. Megan has been missing from Saskatoon since September 19th, 2020.
Both Krista & Lindsay are on social media.
NBCHS Over Coffee - Episode 8 - Lynne Thompson
Ask Lynne Thompson, as a young child, what she wanted to be when she grew up and she wouldn’t have said doctor, lawyer or astronaut. She would have said teacher. Born and raised in Saskatoon, Lynne went from rounding up her neighborhood friends to play “school” as a child to officially starting her teaching career in Humboldt, SK . She quickly transitioned to NBCHS where she has taught the remainder of her 30 year teaching career, specializing in Law, Business Ed, Accounting and as a later addition, Psychology. With unquestionable professionalism, intelligence, and competence, Lynne has blessed countless numbers of students throughout her teaching career. Listen in to this next episode of NBCHS Over Coffee and learn from Lynne how to build and grow a teaching legacy year after year after year.
NBCHS OVER COFFEE - EPISODE 7 - KYLE PALMER
A few things to remember:
- Make sure you are entering in the school's correct email address. email@example.com
- We are a very large school, in the etransfer tell us what and who (student name) the money is for. If you are not positive what program you are sending money to, PLEASE call the school. Also, the more info you can add the easier and quicker the e-transfer can be directed to the right account ex. child's name, teacher's name, etc.
STAY HEALTHY AND STAY SAFE!
NBCHS ADMIN TEAM
1791 110th Street
North Battleford SK