Room 11 Newsletter
Mrs. Bays and Mrs. Nelson
November 17- December 7, 2015
- Polar Express Day
- Reading Light the Lights and learning about Hanukkah
- Construction activities to go along with our All School Program theme
- Making a special treat to go along with each holiday: dreidel snack, tasting different candy canes along with weighing and estimating, and making gingerbread people
- Flower CVC words
- Feather collage
- Frog estimation
- Writing in sand and salt
- Snowman addition
- Observing sea shells and seeds with magnifying glass
Please remember to send your child with a coat especially for the morning classes as we go outside starting at 8:30. Be sure your child wears athletic shoes, as the creek can be slippery!
Smelling, feeling, seeing and hearing experiences made our “senses” hike a multi-sensory lesson, even passing the decomposing pumpkins in our compost bin was a sensory experience as we watch and smell them change from Jack-o-lanterns into soil. We continue our outdoor search for cycles that we can see in the gardens and those we cannot see, like days of the week, months of the years etc.
PreK students also will be making bird treats to hang on our Holiday Treat Tree by the creek entrance. Hanging the treats in the tree is as much fun as making them for our wild bird friends!
Ask your child: Tell me what you saw on your senses walk near the creek.
Reminders & Events
- November 23-27 - Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, December 2 at 6:00 - Moving up to Kindergarten Night
- Thursday, December 17 - Pajama Day
- Friday, December 18- All School Program
*Please make sure to wear appropriate shoes on P.E. days and wear red on Fridays.
Ask your child about...
- What is the name of the turkey that visited?
- What state do we live in?