Feb 11-15, 2019
Speaking of the work, I'm excited about trends we are seeing across the elementary division. Overall, our focus on the ABCs is starting to show. I look forward to sharing our progress on Wednesday at our Job Alike.
Thanks for all you do - our community is blessed to have you leading our schools!
SLT, followed by Elementary Job Alike
Wednesday, Feb. 13th, 8:30am
1359 East Saint Louis Street
Think "Soup of the Day"
Find the Learning Support Updates here!
Tacos & Trivia
It's time for Cents of Pride's annual Tacos & Trivia, scheduled for Feb 23rd, a Saturday evening. I am sponsoring a table of eight. Contact me if you are interested!
A reminder that if this is being considered, to 1) check in w/ Mike & J; 2) begin prior to start of 4th quarter; and 3) follow student retention process, found in Canvas.
Tacos & Trivia
Upcoming Evaluation Timeline
· Probationary Summatives due by Friday, March 1, 2019
· Tenured Summatives due by Friday, May 10, 2019
· EOY- Growth Plans finalized by Friday, May 10, 2019
Reminders regarding data points guidelines…
- Probationary 1-2 years of experience – minimum of eight documented data points plus summative evaluation
- Probationary 3-5 years of experience - minimum of five documented data points plus summative evaluation
- On-cycle Tenured - minimum of four documented data points plus summative evaluation
- Tenured - minimum of two documented data points
- Tenured Transfer (internal) - minimum of four documented data points plus summative evaluation (identical to on-cycle tenured for one year, then they return to normal cycle)
#iTeachMO is back for another conversation on February 12th. The topic is Make an Impact: Foster a Love for Learning and connects to Educator Growth Indicators 2.1, 2.2, 3.2, 3.3, 5.3, and 9.3 The power of the chat comes from a variety of educators learning together. Please encourage participation as you seem fit! Tuesday, February 12th, 8CT by following #iTeachMO on Twitter.
The challenge for educators is to... identify those students who, b/c of a disability, require special ed services to access the school curriculum, while...not identifying those students whose challenges in school are unrelated to disability.
Power BI trainings are being held every Tuesday from 9:00-10:30 AM at the Bentley building in room 145. Let us know you are coming by filling the Google form linked here.
ACCESS for ELL Testing Window: 1/7/19 – 3/1/19
NNAT3 2nd Grade Gifted Screener Window: 2/1/19 – 2/28/19
MAP Online Tools Training are available at this link:
- · https://wbte.drcedirect.com/MO/portals/mo
- · Look on the right side of the screen under MAP Grade-Level Assessments Summative button
- · This can only be accessed using Google Chrome
Student Information Systems
Reminder – All new and returning students must be enrolled using the Online Enrollment Application.
New Elementary Student Records Process
Beginning next week on Tuesday, February 12th, we will start a new Student Records Process. This process will help us as we move forward to paperless records and to have one procedure for all buildings.
We have attached the step by step process to clarify and guide you. As additional support, Brenda Swearingen will be visiting your buildings (schedule attached) to guide you through this process and answer questions you may have about student records.
GoCSD Innovation Summit, May 28-29
Please find the Link to the Innovation Summit page. The call for Innovation Summit Proposals is LIVE! Feel free to submit a proposal in any of the formats linked below. We would love to highlight the amazing, innovative practices that are occurring throughout SPS. Consider presenting with a colleague or a group of teachers.
1. Breakout: These 45 minute sessions are a combination of a lecture, featuring audience participation and interaction with the presenter and/or hands-on activities. They may include multiple presenters.
2. RoundTable Discussion: This is a small group of participants with a facilitator, gathering in an informal setting for an in-depth discussions on a particular topic for 1 hour.
3. Innovative Showcase: These sessions are demonstration-style, delivered in an open, multi-booth environment that enables presenters to engage their audience in more intimate one-on-one and small-group conversations. Innovative Showcases may include multiple presenters, who must be from a current GOCSD District. The Innovative Showcase area will be open to visitors for 1 hour.