Would You Chew...
...if you knew what it did to you?
Chewing Tobacco ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Chewing Tobacco is a smokeless form of tobacco that is crushed by the teeth to release flavor and nicotine, and is then spat out of the mouth.
~ Statistics ~ (✖╭╮✖)
- Every year, 8,000 people die from conditions caused by chewing tobacco.
- 12 to 14 million Americans under the age of 21 chew.
- 3.5% of adults chew.
- 5.5% of young adults chew.
- even 3% of middle schoolers chew.
That's a lot of chewing!
~ Yummy Ingredients ~ ∩( ・ω・)∩
- Nicotine - An addictive drug
- Arsenic - A poisonous element used in metallurgy
- Acetaldehyde - An irritant of the eyes, skin, respiratory tract, and more
- Cadmium - A chemical found in car batteries
- Cyanide - A poisonous compound that is lethal in large doses
- Fiberglass - An irritant that helps get the nicotine into the blood
- Lead - A poisonous metal compound
- Polonium - A byproduct of nuclear waste
- Sand - An irritant that opens up the gums to allow nicotine into the bloodstream
- Uranium 235 - An ingredient in nuclear weapons
~ Ways to Quit ~ ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ﾉ
- Cold Turkey - Stop chewing completely.
- Mint Chew
- Nicotine Gum
- Other things to chew on such as sunflower seeds, chewing gum, hard candy, etc.
- Nicotine Patches
- Prescription Anti-Depressants
It Could Happen to You
If you chew tobacco too much, you might end up looking like this! Yum.
Look at this Guy
Does he look cool anymore? No. So don't chew tobacco.
Everyday is a new opportunity to start over. Do not start chewing tobacco, kids.
Anti-Tobacco Commercial 3