Finn Hill Falcon Flyer
Week of April 25, 2022
Monday, April 25-Friday, April 29
- Career Week
Monday, April 25
- Cozy/Comfy Day
Tuesday, April 26
- Twin Day
- Culinary Competition Entries for Mr. Briehl's Students Due
- Coffee with the Principals, 7:00 PM-8:00 PM, Teams
Wednesday, April 27
- Anything But a Backpack Day
- Administrative Professionals Day
- Panorama Survey, All Grades, Fourth Period
Thursday, April 28
- Character Day
- Virtual Career Day
Friday, April 29
- Culture Day
- Incentive Day, Falcon Time
- School Dance, 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Spirit Week 4/25-4/29
To get excited and celebrate our first dance in over two years we're having a spirit week!
- Monday will be Comfy/Cozy Day, so wear your comfiest sweats and clothing!
- Tuesday is Twin Day! Match with whoever you want, and if you don’t have a twin, wear FH gear or colors and match with everyone!
- Wednesday will be Anything But a Backpack Day! Use any bag, container, or something else to safely hold your school supplies for the day! Remember school rules still apply and you need to approve your item with a parent/guardian beforehand
- Thursday is Character Day! Dress up as any character that you want from any type of media, or somebody that you know. For example, a character from a book, movie, t.v. show, a celebrity, or even your favorite teacher!
- Finally, Friday is Culture Day! Wear or bring something that represents your culture or heritage! This could be traditional clothing, the flag or its colors of your family's heritage, American colors, Seattle/Kirkland, favorite sport teams, and more! "
School Dance April 29
Mark your calendars! We are having our first DANCE of the year on Friday, April 29th from 6-8 PM in the commons! Tickets can be bought from Ms. Stephens in the office and are $5 if you are an ASB member and $7 if you are not. Tickets will not be sold at the door so you must buy them at the ASB window beforehand! It is TROPICAL themed, so wear your most festive tropical outfits and come dance with us! THANK you to all staff and parents who have volunteered! Ms. Duncan will contact you next week with more information about chaperoning! A reminder that if you have not yet volunteered this year in LWSD, you must 1) complete the volunteer application on the district website and 2) show your vaccination card beforehand at the district office or to one of our office staff. THANK YOU!!
Dance Pre-Sale Pizza Orders
For the dance on April 29th, TSA will be hosting a concession stand. We will be pre-selling pizza! We have learned from the long line and selling out at the last event. Any time between now and April 29th, you can go to Mrs. Stephens at the cashier window in the office and place your pizza order ahead of time. This will guarantee that there is a slice available for you at the dance with a much shorter line! You can pre-purchase your pizza for $2 a slice. We will be ordering both cheese and pepperoni.
The Panorama spring survey will be given to all students on Wednesday, April 27 during fourth period. We use the data at Finn Hill to measure growth in social and emotional learning as part of our school improvement plan. We will be analyzing the spring results and comparing them to the results we received in the fall.
The survey is anonymous, but if you would like to opt your child out of taking it, please reach out to your child's counselor via email to let her know of your wishes.
For more information, please see thehttps://www.lwsd.org/programs-and-services/student-services/panorama-education-survey
Tuesday, May 3
- 6th Grade FastBridge ELA Testing
Wednesday, May 4
- 8th Grade FastBridge ELA Testing
Thursday, May 5
- 7th Grade FastBridge ELA Testing
Save the Date!
- Week of 5/9, SBA Testing, ELA & Math, Grades 6-8
- May 16, WCAS Testing, 8th Grade
- Week of 5/16, Make Up Testing
- June 2-Future Falcon Visit (fifth graders visit FHMS), 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
- June 10, Eighth Grade Family Fun Center Field Trip
- June 14-Eighth Grade Promotion Ceremony, 6:30 PM-8:00 PM, Gym
- June 15-Eighth Grade Clap Out, 2:45 PM-3:05 PM
- June 16-Field Day, 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
- June 17-Last Day of School (Half Day)
Finn Hill Middle School
Each student will graduate prepared to lead a rewarding, responsible life as a contributing member of our community and greater society.
Every student future ready: Prepared for college, Prepared for the global workplace, Prepared for personal success