Let Us Build Them Up!
Welcome October...Be BOO-tiful!
Alamos Elementary School
Main Office Number: 951-294-6760
Main Office Fax: 951-294-6770
Alamos Preschool: 951-294-6771
Temecula Valley Unified School District Spotlights, AES!
A Note From Our Principal
Welcome, to October. We are excited for a BOO-tiful month ahead! I have heard it said many times that a picture is worth a thousand words. If that is true then a video must be worth millions! This month, our Alamos Family is excited to be the Community Spotlight for the Temecula Valley Unified School District. This wonderful opportunity gives AES the ability to showcase our beautiful school and recognize the students and staff that contribute to the success of our educational community. I could go on and on about this amazing place, but instead, I invite you to sit back and take a look for yourself. Our Spotlight video certainly speaks volumes about WHO we are, WHAT we do, and WHY we do it!
Teacher conference week for students in Preschool through 5th grade is rapidly approaching! Mark your calendar for the week of Oct 10-14th. The entire week is modified dismissal and all of our Preschoolers and Kinders attend school in the morning. As you know, the partnership between home and school is an important one! Your attendance at a parent-teacher conference, SST, IEP, or any school meeting sends a powerful message to your child that school is an important priority. The opportunity to have an in-depth, face-to-face conversation about your child’s academic, social and behavioral achievement at school sets the stage for future success. I know the days are busy and plates are full but our staff will do our very best to accommodate your schedule. Once a meeting date and time have been confirmed, AES prepares for your arrival. We may hire substitute teachers to cover classes so your child’s teacher may attend, we reserve a meeting room, and our team members reserve time in their day just for you. As you can imagine, scheduling a school meeting is no easy task! If you cannot attend or need to reschedule a meeting (we know life happens), please inform the school office as soon as possible so that we may have the time to adjust our time and resources. We so appreciate your support!
In the spirit of PLAY and learning, AES will host Live Literature Day on October 31st. Students and staff are encouraged to “dress up” as their favorite literary character. Students are encouraged to bring the book their dress-up character is from to school with them on the 31st. Students may not wear masks or bring any kind of prop or accessory representing a weapon of any kind (sword, knife, etc.). We are excited to bring literature to life but please be sure your child’s choice of dress up allows them to easily and safely participate in regular school activities such as recess or physical education.
Welcome October, be BOO-tiful!
Things to remember for October:
- 10/10 - 10/14 - Parent/Teacher Conference Week, early release all week. All students will be out at 12:55 pm.
- 10/13 - Make-Up Picture Day - If you were unhappy with your child's original photo, please send in your proof sheet or the pictures purchased in order to take a new photo. If your student was absent on the original picture day, just remind them to bring their smile!
- 10/31 - Live Literature Day
- 11/1 - NO school - Staff Development day
Select "Shop Online", for City, be sure to use Murrieta not Temecula, then the Alamos Elementary School. 1/8 page $20, 1/4 page $35, 1/2 page $70
Attendance ~ When we attend, we achieve!
We are so excited to have your student attending TVUSD schools. Our mission is to support the whole child.
As such, one of our District goals for each school year is for all students to maintain a Great/Fantastic attendance rate, which means seven (7) or fewer absences throughout the school year. Achieving Great/Fantastic attendance is directly tied to student achievement and each student’s social-emotional well-being.
Click here for TVUSD's 2022-2023 Attendance Letter.
Click here for Riverside County District Attorney Attendance Letter
Click here for Riverside County District Attorney Attendance Letter/Spanish
Reporting an Absence - Tk - 5th
To report an absence due to one of the following reasons :
Illness (Not COVID)
Follow this link to report an absence.
To report an absence due to a COVID Positive Test:
- Follow this link to report a COVID positive test result.
- Follow this link for up-to-date information regarding current COVID protocols.
Parents please note absences over 5 consecutive days for illness require a doctor's note.
Social Emotional Learning
The Monthly SEL Theme for October is Empathy!
What is Empathy? Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings and experiences of others. Empathy is when you feel someone’s emotions along with them. We all think about ourselves, what we want, what we need, and how we feel, but sometimes we forget to think about what someone else is thinking and feeling. Being empathetic means that you understand how someone else feels. Being able to put yourself in their shoes.
How can you help your children be more empathetic? You can have your children ask themselves these three questions in social situations. What could the other person be feeling? Have I felt this way before? How would I want to be treated?
Why is empathy important? Empathy is the root of all healthy relationships. It helps you know how your actions affect others, what actions you need to take to be a good friend, and it helps you understand more about the people around you.
Children’s books about empathy: Hey Little Ant by Hannah and Phillip Hoose, The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig, A Little Spot of Empathy by Diane Alber, Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson, and Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller.
Video on Empathy for Tk - 2nd Students
Video on Empathy for 3rd - 5th Students
We have a couple of grade level Field Trips coming up, parents do need to be preapproved through the same volunteer process.
AES Friendly Reminders:
AES Parking Lot Do's and Dont's
1. Pull all the way forward! This keeps the flow of traffic moving. Our AES and Ambassadors staff are available to help your children exit/enter your vehicle and direct them to the gate.
2. Please remain in your vehicle when you enter the loop and use the lane closest to the curb when picking up and dropping off students. Please utilize the second lane if you wish to drive through to our parking area. There is ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING IN THE DRIVE THROUGH LOOP.
3. Please be calm and courteous while on our campus. You are setting an example for your child and a little patience will help to ensure everyone's safety.
4. Please do not encourage your children to cross unsafely or go into traffic illegally! It puts our children in danger.
5. Be sure to have your student cross the street or parking lot in the crosswalk only, whether they are with you or not.
6. Adhere to school zone speed limits at all times.
7. For the safety of our students, please do not use your cell phone when driving in our loop. Remember, using a cell phone while driving, is against the law.
8. Encourage your child to be aware and alert during pick-up so that when they see your car, they can quickly get in the vehicle and buckle up.
9. Staff members are on duty to ensure the safety of ALL students. Please know that they are following school and district guidelines during dismissal. It is essential that you are respectful of staff while in the performance of their duties and that you follow their directives.
Thank you for your courtesy and consideration as we work together to help ensure the safety of all our students, staff, and families. We appreciate you!
When arriving or leaving school it is also important to walk around the loop and not cut through the parking lot, we have many near misses with students, parents, and cars.
Use of Phones and Other Technology on Campus
Bikes, Scooters, and Skateboards
Pets on Campus
Important Links & Information
This link will take you to the District Volunteer page. It will have all the information and forms you need. You do need to communicate with the teacher on days to help.
This calendar link is a live document, you'll find it every month in our newsletter. As we add special events and spirit days we'll add them to the document. I think you'll find it handy if you bookmark it. Each month has a tab at the bottom.