PL Keeping You In The Know 1/29/16 VOL 2.6
Upcoming Learning Opportunities
Google Add-Ons & Chrome Extensions January 30, February 13, April 16
Google Classroom & Google Drive January 30, February 13, February 27, March 26, April 16
Google Sites January 30, February 13, February 27, March 26, April 16
Leadership Workshop: Crucial Conversations February 22
Leadership Workshop: Cultivating Campus Culture March 21
LISD ePortfolio February 13, February 27, March 26, April 16
SmartBoard March 26
Twitter Chat Book Study: Start with Why Feb 29, March 14, March 21, March 28
Campus Professional Learning Day - February 15
- Please enter course in Eduphoria by February 8.
- Attach PL agenda to the notes tab.
- Please return sign in sheets to PL dept by February 23.
Do you or your staff need Nov. Trade Credit?
Full time staff need 12 Nov. Trade Credits.
There are many options found above in Upcoming Learning Opportunities and below in Online Learning and Administrator Book Studies.
November Trade FAQs found here.
- Winter Online Learning Flyer - Winter courses close Feb 2, at 8 AM. (enrollment key: winter)
- Spring Online Learning - Feb 12 through March 31 (enrollment key: spring)
New spring online courses: Google Sites, Drive Book Study, and Education in the News
- #LISDchat Twitter Chats - Monday nights 8 - 9 PM (not on holidays, breaks, or PL days)
- Twitter Book Study: Start with Why - Feb 29, March 14, March 21, March 28
Administrator Book Studies
- The Cultural Proficiency Journey - 6 Nov. Trade Credits (enrollment key: admin)
The Purposeful Classroom - 3 Nov. Trade Credits
Book Reflections in Google Forms (Forms open until March 31.)
- Lemons to Lemonade - 3 Nov. Trade Credits (Form HERE)
- Crucial Conversations - 3 Nov. Trade Credits (Form HERE)
If you need a book, please contact Amy Mayfield in Professional Learning.
Winter Online Learning Deadline
Spring online learning courses will OPEN Friday, Feb. 12, at 4 PM and will remain open until March 31.
How can Professional Learning support your campus?
- Cooperative Learning Strategies
- Classroom Management
- Struggling Teachers
- Specific Learning Interests
- Campus Initiatives
- Thinking Maps
- First Year Teacher & New Hire Support
In what ways can we support?
- Book studies
- Twitter chats
- Online courses
- Campus trainings
- Campus leaders trainings
- District trainings
- Observation / feedback
- Connecting with resources
Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help!