RMS Weekly Event Calendar
May 7 - May 11
What's going on at RMS?
But what exactly does it mean to "appreciate?" When you look at the dictionary, the word "appreciate" has several meanings. Some of those include:
- To be grateful or thankful for
- To value or regard highly
- To recognize the full worth of
- To grasp the nature of, worth, quality, or signifigance of
To be perfectly honest, I don't believe those outside of our profession can truly "appreciate" all you do as educators. They have no idea the hours you spend preparing to teach young minds. Those in other professions don't understand the worry and frustration you deal with when you feel you just can't reach a child, nor do they comprehend the overwhelming joy you experience when you see the light bulb come on.
They don't understand the concern and heartbreak you feel for your students and the nights you lose sleep worrying about them. They can't comprehend the excitement you feel when students are successful.
For all of you who we have the privilege to work with each day, please know we value what you do for our students and are very grateful that you have chosen to work as part of our RMS team. Each one of you play a significant role in the success of our students and our school, and itwould be impossible to do what we do without you!
There are several fun events planned this week for all of you that we hope you enjoy. However, there are really no words, gifts, or expressions of appreciation that ultimately convey the full extent of our gratitude for you.
As the quote states, "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them". John F. Kennedy
Enjoy your week of celebration and appreciation!
Monday - Milkshakes from FACS
Tuesday - Breakfast from RMS Student Council
Wednesday - Chick-fil-a lunch from SADD
Thursday - Grilled Hotdogs Lunch
Friday - Treats for Teachers from FBLA
RMS Mentoring Schedule
This week we will review Study Skills Boot Camp to help our students prepare for their upcoming final exams!
Monday & Tuesday - Personal Learning Style
Wednesday - Organization
Thursday - Using Your Agenda
Friday - Study Skills and Strategies
This Week at a Glance
Monday, May 7
- 5th grade tour of RMS - Tour begins at 9:00 a.m. at the band room.
Tuesday, May 8
- ELA Instructional Meeting - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your instructional period.
Wednesday, May 9
- Student Support Team Meetings
- Scantron Rewards Movie Day - Beginning 7th period
- Faculty Meeting - Media Center - Immediately after school
Thursday, May 10
- Book Study - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your scheduled instructional period.
- Awards Day Practice - 7th Period
Friday, May 11
- RMS Awards Day - RCS Auditorium - 8:30 a.m.
- 8th Grade Field Day - 8th grade students will eat lunch during 3rd lunch and will be dismissed to field day after 3rd lunch. Please see the schedule sent by Mrs. Warhurst.