CIS News May 25, 2020
Remote Learning Update
We hope that this newsletter continues to find you and your family healthy during this time. We are entering the final two weeks of remote learning!
Please continue to support your student(s) in getting assignments completed and turned in. We want everyone to get credit for the 4th marking period and for the semester!
The last day to turn in assignments will be June 5, 2020. Teachers will use the remainder of the school year, grading assignments and updating Power School.
Please note that while the classes currently show letter grades (A-F), the final grade for both the 4th Marking Period as well as the 2nd Semester will be displayed as Credit, No Credit or Incomplete when report cards are finalized.
Drop Off/Pick Up June 4th and 5th
We will have grade level stations and a chromebook station set up in the CIS Parking Lot. All desks and lockers have been cleaned out and bagged according to homeroom teacher.
When you pull into the parking lot, you will be directed to the chromebook station to return your chromebook. Please bring your Chromebook in the case with the charger. You will then be directed to your homeroom teacher's station to return library books and to pick up your personal belongings.
Students and families will not be entering the building. All supplies will be handled in the parking lot. If you or your student is ill, exhibiting any illness type symptoms, have a fever, or been around anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to drop off or pick up supplies at this time. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
If you have already ordered a yearbook with the order form that was sent out earlier in the year, you will be notified on how your yearbook will be delivered.
Do you have a Comet that is ready to start Kindergarten this year? Be sure to check out our Virtual Kindergarten Round Up with Video Tours and more!
- If you have internet access and a device at home, assignments will be posted via Google Classroom. Please click the Google Classroom Parent/Guardian Guide below for more information.
- Meals are delivered on Mondays and Thursdays on a delayed start bus route schedule as well as in the Coloma High School parking lot from 10:00-10:30am.
- Remember to pick up your learning packets every other Monday from the bus during meal drop off, or in the CIS lobby. The lobby will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learning packets are for those who do NOT have internet access at home. We will not have learning packets available for those who have internet access.
- Please remember to put your first and last name on the learning packets before turning them in!! Adding your grade level will be helpful as well!
- If you do not have internet access at home, please email your teacher, or call 468-2415 to leave a message. Please make sure to include your child's name, grade, homeroom teacher, and your phone number in your message.
- If you have internet access and need a device for online learning at home, please email your teacher, or call 468-2415 to leave a message. Please make sure to include your child's name, grade, homeroom teacher, and your phone number in your message.
- Don't forget to check your email or our FB page for our morning announcements!
- We have boosted our WiFi in the buildings so that you can access WiFi in the Junior High and High School parking lots. Simply pull your vehicle into the lots near the building for access. Please remember to observe social distancing requirements while you do so.
- Answer keys are included with your child's assignments for your convenience. This is to help support you during the remote learning process.
This link provides step-by-step instructions on how to access Google Classroom.
Specific questions regarding Remote Learning? Here is a link to frequently asked questions.
The district has put together a list of community resources to help our families through this unprecedented time. If you or anyone you know in the area is in need of assistance, please visit this link to our webpage for more information.
Reach Out for Support!
All of the district updates will be available through this link
This link provides answers to many of the frequently asked questions that surround the mandated school closure.
Follow this link to see different options if you have internet connectivity issues at home.
Information from Berrien RESA, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC all linked here.