Monday, May 16, 2016
“Firm evidence shows that formative assessment is an essential component of classroom work and that its development can raise standards of achievement.”
P. Black & D. Williams (1998) inside the Black Box: Raising Standards Through Classroom Assessment. Phi Delta Kappa, 80(2)
Recognition of Bosse Seniors
Monday, May 16, the at 9:45, Senior’s at Bosse will come to Harper, then Washington, followed by visit to Lodge. This will be an opportunity for us to stand in the hallway and cheer for this year’s graduates.
I am not sure what time they will arrive but I will do an all call when they arrive. I will have them proceed toward the Cafeteria hallway and they will make one big loop around the building, wearing their cap and gown.
Next Four Days!
- Be up circulating at all times!
- Give them learning opportunities that are engaging!
- Make every minute count from bell to bell!
8th Grade Recognition
- 9:30 to 11:00 in Large Gym
- All 5th-7th grade students invited to attend (Be seated before 9:25)
- We will start promptly at 9:30
- All 8th grade teachers will be introduced
Honor Roll A and B
Outstanding Academic Awards
Outstanding Citizen Awards
Lodge Community School 8th Grade Student of the year (Springleaf)
Recognition of all 8th grade students
Turn in books: PLC materials.
- Great Habits Great Readers
- Rigor is Not a Four Letter Word
- Learning by Doing
- Next Steps in Guided Reading
Be sure to write you name in the cover and the date you returned it to the Coach's Office